Seeking Feedback For A Pop/Rock Instrumental I'm, Working On

So I checked out the song.
1. The introduction to the song is too long it gets too repetitive and bores me as the listener. No excitement. We as listeners are screaming for something not predictable and drawn out.
2. Mixing is your biggest issue here. The bassline was too high and muffled the entire beat. I listened on headphones and on my speakers in my studio.
3. Arrangement you have no sense of direction it seems like your kind of all over the place and dont really know what it is your trying to say to your audience. remember the music itself has to speak before there is an actual lyricist on it.
4. Your sounds could be a little outdated or you can try collaborating with different instruments. Alot of them sound out of place.

Solutions:
1. Shorten your intro or simply add to it build it up into your chorus or into a verse or bridge. your choice.
2. Start by looking up different tutorials online. Examples: pensados place or the recording revolution are awesome sites with hands on tutorials
3. Write out how you would like the song to be arranged this is a must man you dont want to be all over the place. Example: intro-chorus-verse-chorus-verse-chorus-bridge-chorus-outro an idea but formulate your plan and idea to attack it better when putting it together
4. Update your sounds grab some nice kits or like i said manipulate your sounds by changing the key you are playing the drum in. Layer your drums so that way they may have more punch and excitement to them.

I hope this helps i was just scratching the surface as we can all always improve on something.

heres my link check me out brotha thanks

https://www.futureproducers.com/for...inded-individuals-f4f-419555/10/#post49569481

The stuff u mentioned is simple to fix. I've been producing for 4 years now, so I have a great sense of direction in music. Everything was really more of a draft, but thanks for the feedback. And I was going for a traditional sound with this one.

1. The introduction to the song is too long it gets too repetitive and bores me as the listener. No excitement. We as listeners are screaming for something not predictable and drawn out.
2. Mixing is your biggest issue here. The bassline was too high and muffled the entire beat. I listened on headphones and on my speakers in my studio.
3. Arrangement you have no sense of direction it seems like your kind of all over the place and dont really know what it is your trying to say to your audience. remember the music itself has to speak before there is an actual lyricist on it.
4. Your sounds could be a little outdated or you can try collaborating with different instruments. Alot of them sound out of place.

Solutions:
1. Shorten your intro or simply add to it build it up into your chorus or into a verse or bridge. your choice.
2. Start by looking up different tutorials online. Examples: pensados place or the recording revolution are awesome sites with hands on tutorials
3. Write out how you would like the song to be arranged this is a must man you dont want to be all over the place. Example: intro-chorus-verse-chorus-verse-chorus-bridge-chorus-outro an idea but formulate your plan and idea to attack it better when putting it together
4. Update your sounds grab some nice kits or like i said manipulate your sounds by changing the key you are playing the drum in. Layer your drums so that way they may have more punch and excitement to them.

I hope this helps i was just scratching the surface as we can all always improve on something.

https://www.futureproducers.com/for...inded-individuals-f4f-419555/10/#post49569481

hey man 4 years isnt alot of time to be producing compared to guys at 10-15+ years so I was just giving you feedback. If you dont like it then dont ask for it sorry for wasting your time then brother.

And I definitely don't need mixing tutorials, nor do I need more sounds. I have plenty knowledge of that, and a boatload of sounds and instruments. I know about Pensado and all that, but I know how this all works. I just wanted feedback of the overall song theme and vibe.

Solutions:

ok well then to add to that if yo u have all the answers why ask for feedback? Not very logical. Or make your point in your post.
The overall theme of the song then is very boring like i stated in point 1. Theres not build up or anticipation even in slow songs theres always a climax. you just randomly piece diff drums and sounds in all over the place. go listen to your own track and tell me you didnt do that. Im being very honest and trying to take my opinion out of it by using the evidence that you gave me thru your music. You sound like a very beginning producer which is ok. But for you to make all of these claims I dont hear it in your beat. maybe im missing something

Gtf outta here, I just told u its a ROUGH DRAFT...But I know damn well MY SHIT IS DOPE, so your opinion is pointless.

ok well then to add to that if yo u have all the answers why ask for feedback? Not very logical. Or make your point in your post.
The overall theme of the song then is very boring like i stated in point 1. Theres not build up or anticipation even in slow songs theres always a climax. you just randomly piece diff drums and sounds in all over the place. go listen to your own track and tell me you didnt do that. Im being very honest and trying to take my opinion out of it by using the evidence that you gave me thru your music. You sound like a very beginning producer which is ok. But for you to make all of these claims I dont hear it in your beat. maybe im missing something

hey bro pz beats critique of your music isnt really that grand. The only thing he got right was your bass is a lil overpowering. Im going to add that your need to eq and compress your drums. That beat is pretty nice for being the first of its kind you've made.

Feedback my track please

Last edited:
Thanks a lot man, I knew he wasn't really giving me a quality opinion, and I agree on the bass and drums, I actually noticed it but just bothered not to tweak it yet. But I definitely know its way above amateur work, I'm far past that level. Thanks for the feedback by the way, and it shall be returned.

hey bro pz beats critique of your music isnt really that grand. The only thing he got right was your bass is a lil overpowering. Im going to add that your need to eq and compress your drums. That beat is pretty nice for being the first of its kind you've made.

Feedback my track please

Thanks a lot man, I knew he wasn't really giving me a quality opinion, and I agree on the bass and drums, I actually noticed it but just bothered not to tweak it yet. But I definitely know its way above amateur work, I'm far past that level. Thanks for the feedback by the way, and it shall be returned.

yea thats for sure way above amateur work

Back