sampling in dr.rex

beatbustaent

wuts up im tryin to figure out the settings on the dr.rex in reason so it can b like tha mpc u kno when i play the sample on a pad and i go to the next pad and it mutes the previous pad i played u kno wut i mean sorry if i didnt explain it right i tried the search function but i coulndt find anything i remember i seen a post with the settings a longtime ago can ne one help please and thanks

its called choke groups or a mono group but i have no clue how to do it in dr rex im just clearing up what it is in case anyone can help but dint understand. The 1 thing i can suggest is try and see if you can lower the voices in dr rex to 1 at a time or the polophany down to 1. Again i dont know if these options are there im not a reason user myself.

he's half right. set the polyphony to 1, that will cause the samples to cut each other off. then turn the release all the way up in the amp evelope. (check the help menu in Reason if your unfamiliar) you don't know the proper terminology, thats why nothing came up in your search. check the glossery thread in the getting started section so you can get familiar. proper terminology goes a long way in communicating your problems clearly. hope that helps.
LevLove

beatbustaent said:
wuts up im tryin to figure out the settings on the dr.rex in reason so it can b like tha mpc u kno when i play the sample on a pad and i go to the next pad and it mutes the previous pad i played u kno wut i mean sorry if i didnt explain it right i tried the search function but i coulndt find anything i remember i seen a post with the settings a longtime ago can ne one help please and thanks
if you chop it in re-cycle and export the different wav's there is a function like that on the redrum as im sure you already know.

Yep, that's what I love about Reason, just set the polyphony to 1 and turn the release up and trigger away. If I could just figure out how to do that in Ableton Live's new Drum Racks, I'd be in heaven. Anyone???

I dont know whay everyone calls this the "mpc thing" when in fact you have to set up the mute group or set it to mono in the moc when you do this as well. Its just a "whatever youuse thing" you have to set it up. i would like to know where this got started?

FullSpectrum said:
I dont know whay everyone calls this the "mpc thing" when in fact you have to set up the mute group or set it to mono in the moc when you do this as well. Its just a "whatever youuse thing" you have to set it up. i would like to know where this got started?

because its usually seen done on the MPC

just like they call 'em "Lamborghini doors" instead of Scissor Doors.

Back