sampletank problems

wiggles

I downloaded the free version for my mac (up to date software, purchased a year ago) and when I open it up there isn't anything showing in the browser. I am not familiar with using VSTs in DAWs, but a program icon popped up in my programs so I opened it up there if that makes a difference. I validated and authorized and went through all of that, re installed it, etc and still nothing. Basically what I'm asking is why aren't there any sounds in the browser and how do I go about opening sampletank (and other VSTs) in any DAW (I use ableton and logic if you can make it more clear based on DAW preference). I tried searching for answers to this problem but I couldn't find anything.

Generally there should be an option in the preferences to point sampletank to the folder where all the sounds are. Now I'm not familiar with Sampletank so I can't really help you much with that. As far as opening VST's in your DAW... Install them to a folder within your daw, and then you point your DAW to the location of your installed VST's. Normally you would install all your VST's in the same folder, within sub-folders if you wish to make things more organized. In Ableton this is done by going to preferences and then the file/folder tab. Or you install them to a completely different one and point both your daws to the same folder.

ok so I figured out why it wasn't showing up in ableton and that's because it is a 32bit VST and the version of ableton is a 64bit host so I got a bridge for it and now I can open it, but I still don't have anything coming up in the browser of sampletank. I know I got the free version, but there are still supposed to be sounds that come with it. There also isn't any option in the preference menu that lets you pick a folder in your directory to show what the browser is showing you (at least I can't find it in preferences).

edit: I got everything to work but the bridge I downloaded was a demo and only lasts for about 20 min and I don't really want to spend the $10 for the full version if I don't have to, so are there any free vst bridges for 32bit plug-ins and 64bit host?

Last edited:
I don't know of any free ones, and jBridge works really well. Just skip a few bags of chips and a few sodas and buy the program instead.

Back