samples frequencies

T

TrebleWitoutAPause

this is a bit of a continuation of my previos thread "Art of EQin." I have a soul sample on which I just want the high-octave (high frequency) string part, but there's vocals on it. In an EQ/ Isolator what would I do to get rid of the vocals (or almost)? How would one get rid of drums sound? I think I've figured out how to (almost) isolate vocals though.

do a search on vocal removing ;)

but to be honest completely getting rid of them is impossible..

you could only cut off the high frequencies of the general file, but if you have other instruments playing in these frequencies as well you'd remove them as well

yea best way to do it is to run alot of eq and a lot of filters and u may not get the sound u want

I have used winamp to remove vocals before, but just like everybody said you can't completely remove them. Try winamp.com and search the website for the vocal remover plug-in.

TrebleWitoutAPause said:
I have a soul sample on which I just want the high-octave (high frequency) string part

If it's late soul, there's probably a 12" with a vocal and instrumental version. If you're genuinely desperate, I'd take that route. If you're willing to part with a few dollars, and the 12" of it was pressed, you'll probably find it on Gemm or eBay in about 15 minutes.

What song is it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back