Raid Five at last, and a question

D

DJ Nosferatu

I Just got a Raid Five array without the drives for 500 bucks. A friend at work just told me he is going to hook me up with premeire affter effects and Final cut! Wow, now I will be able to use my camera. Can anyone recomend a digital capture card? I cant wait to sequence loops with video intead of just Flash.

a digital capture card?

well if you have a digital camcorder, a simple FIREWIRE card will be just fine (100 USD)

if you dont have a digital camcorder.. get one :):) seriously those are great :)

can't wait to get one and to have fun editing and adding effects

Sweet Mano, Yeah I have a sony digital handy cam. My friends up at the Kent State University Multimedia lab really got me into this. Seeing them hang out with all of these big shots who have done stuff for the Rolling stones and U2 (videos and documentaries) really made me think about what I want to accomplish. I have a lot of footage of raves and stuff, nothing really cool but I can't wait to tweak it on a pc.

So just a regular one heh? Wonder what a 5K (usd) card will do that a simple capture won't?

mmhh good question, ask youir friend

I think the expensive capture cards are for analog stuff.. not sure though

everyone I talked to just use a 100 USD firewire card

Thanks Mano, and if you ever need anything once you get your camera. Make sure you email me. Of course you are probably as connected as people get, but if there is a need, email me :)

Back