Playground4 - com'on, as many REVIEWS as possible!

P

playground4

If you like BT, Van Dyk and that sort of trance/dance, please check out my music at

http://www.mp3.com/playground4

listen to my latest track "standing" .. maybe you'll like it.

Give me reviews, comments, everything that helps on my way to produce better traxx.

thanx in advance,
per - pg4

-u asked for it buddy.:cool:

-"Standing"
Some of the notes in the bassline sound flat, up against the other tones in the song (in beginning), before the song starts moving.
Sounds like a lot of other trance tracks (indistinguishable). Overall, really good song structure, and if I hadn't heard a lot of trance, I would think this is an excellent song. I can't think of any improvements you could make to this. Powerful chord cycles / tones. Not too many of those stupid @ss drummrolls that mofos be usin every friggin transition.
If I were you, I would keep the exact same structure, but go in and fx/filtersweep/change some of the tones so the song doesn't sound like 95.6% of all other trance songs. You should make a dark and evil version of it.

-"say no evil"
bump the bpms up like 10 or 12. . .
arpeggio-I would call this "hard trance", but that is just me. When I think "hard house" I think hoovers and vocal cuts and schit (hoovers = chainsaw sounding sweep)
progression dies right after first arpeggio, then same o', same o' one. . .:(

-good job overall. You have sequencing, arranging down like a mofo. Just be more experimental and less templatey with the sounds

-popd going back to work:o

thanks alot. this is what kind of reviews I like.
details details
i must admit i have worked mainly with the overall sound quality .. so maybe i should work some more with the arrangements and make some *leads that no one ever HAVE HEARD BEFORE!!!"
thats mission impossible =(

thanx again,
all in all, such comments helps getting better ;)

l8r

it's definitely possible. I think I'm doing it right now. Never heaard anything similar anyway.
I must say too that you got the sequencing down but your melodies sound like everything else.
Your sounds interact very well but true dat PopD, you should do something to make them less monotonous.
Like you could delay pieces once in a while and then bring it back in (In standing this would work well with the inro melody)

Back