[NOHOMO]What drums were used for 90's pop music like N'sync ?

Genie in a bottle is a dope ass beat I've said it many times. So are a lot of those Nsync beats. Bye Bye Bye, Gone, Pop hell the whole celebrity album beatwise was very on point.

Xabiton said:
Genie in a bottle is a dope ass beat I've said it many times. So are a lot of those Nsync beats. Bye Bye Bye, Gone, Pop hell the whole celebrity album beatwise was very on point.
dont forget "its gotta be me":victory::D

Last edited by a moderator:
You can find a couple pop jewels in the Korg Triton's drums. The house/trance kits have alot of stuff used.

I make dudes who ride w/me listen to N'Sync if we're going to do any type of dirt. They all look at me like I'm wierd at 1st, then I get them singing "Bye Bye" by the time we're jumping out to do whatever dirt we're doing, then when we get back in the car all hype, I'm like "WTF iz y'all nikkas listenin to man?" And laugh until they feel like punks.

Repeditively True Story.

emu mo phatt and triton

i have the mo phat and it has alot of drums used around that time, and alot of loops that were used to

I never liked its gonna be me some of those britney spears beats were dope too. Like crazy and hit me baby and of course the neptunes joints like boys and slave 4 u.

i will do some research on teh EMU racks, and will scower some triton drums now

thanks everyone . you guys helped alot. i found a triton snare that was exactly it . here is a little demo i made. i will also look into the emu stuff

thanks . lol at us hunting for 90's boyband sounds . alot of us closet fans are coming out and proud lol . who knows some white people that sing so we can get a boy band going ? we need the blond one, the ethnic bad boy one with initials as the name (preferably with a J somewhere) , the nice non threatening guy, and the tall one

Make a white version of Day 26. Record the auditions and upload the footage to youtube. Do live streams of rehearsals and stuff. Maybe drop a free single to build buzz. That would do really well, imo.

Wow finally i found a thread with suggestions for the Max Martin Drums:D Hey your demo is really good. that really sounds like BSB.
Where did you get the samples? Could you please tell me??

Wow finally i found a thread with suggestions for the Max Martin Drums:D Hey your demo is really good. that really sounds like BSB.
Where did you get the samples? Could you please tell me??

the drums came from a Korg Triton just like someone said . the other soudns were sounds from Logic . the drums are what gave it the BSB sound lol .

Hip hop wasn't really using keyboards like that in 97 to 2002 era. I mean the neptunes were and swizzy was but that's mostly it.

Are you serious? :bigeyes: Guess you weren't listening to much rap then.

thanks . lol at us hunting for 90's boyband sounds . alot of us closet fans are coming out and proud lol . who knows some white people that sing so we can get a boy band going ? we need the blond one, the ethnic bad boy one with initials as the name (preferably with a J somewhere) , the nice non threatening guy, and the tall one

haha lmao

Are you serious? :bigeyes: Guess you weren't listening to much rap then.
so r u saying in 1998 that cats were using keyboards in 90% of the beats they were making like they are now? None of the stuff I was listening to was. The westcoast stuff was mostly replayed samples from bands and the eastcoast was samples off vinyl. I will admit I didnt pay the south much attention.

Hey ya'll, my name is Kaitlyn. Jeez, this forum is over 11 years old, but I came across this while googling what drum machines BSB used in their 90's and early 2000's albums (Black & Blue, Millennium, Backstreet's Back, and their debut album specifically), and pretty much all of Max Martin's drum machines from the 2000's and 1990's because that shit is incredible. I could barely find any info on Max Martin drum machines until I came across this forum thread and it really helps!! But how can I find those Triton drums and stuff? Idek if anyone from this thread even uses this place anymore, never mind their accounts from 11 years ago, but if you do (or if you just came across this thread yourself and still know how to get them), please please please let me know!! Thanks and God bless you all!! <3

Hi, The first track he used it on was a version of 'Your Love' he did with Jamie Principle, and Knuckles began to play the drum machine underneath records in the club. Knuckles had set the template for almost all house music that would follow. The drum machine May had sold Knuckles was Roland's TR-909.

Back