Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
J

Jai

Hi,

no hype, just 2 links...

[500k preview]

[7mb full bore]

please let me know if you think it's any good...

I'm after pointers from EQ, to arrangement ideas, variations...

Your call is important to us... please hold.

song review

Hey, that's kinda cool.. i'm more into r&b but your sound comes out really big which is good and it sounds like it could be a remix to a song or something.. that bigness is what i'm looking for as far as trying to get that major label sound with a computer....Also, I don't know if you're into tranz music, but i hear some similarity to a british artist by the name of Gary Numan..... i would rate it about an 8 as far as quality.. that's pretty good... if u go to www.loudenergy.com and download r&b you can check out a song by Andrea Baxter, i'm the first one on there.. tell me what u think.. take care
out....

I am glad i've come across some downtempo in this place. Everybody is all about house and trance. I think your track is good after the beat drops, but the build up needs some work. I also think the echo may be a little too noticeable. Maybe this could be fixed by adjusting the delay so that the echos sync up with the tempo of the music, or by just reducing the level of the echo. I'd like to see more bass, preferably real for thickness.

thanks.

Cheers for the feedback *doo-doo bear*, I'm looking to thicken it all up a bit now... rolling out some variations on the rhodes etc..

getting the bassline more interesting too, with some variations...

:)

Thanks for the feedback,

I'll take a look at the delays too, they're already tempo synced, but maybe the feedback or return levels are a touch too high.

By the way, does it actually require a producer to make house and trance... I thought it was made by squeezing a monkey?!

Thank you.

Any more reviews...?

:monkey:

Can you define "downtempo"? What are the elements of a downtempo song? What constitutes downtempo?

Last edited:
what is downbeat...

Well, I guess it's easier to site a bunch of tunes than try and explain it...

Downbeat is more of a feel than a specific set of "rules" a large field of influence for downbeat tracks would probably be easy listening, soul, jazz...

Bob James would probably be a good example... and more recently, bent, kinobe, a reminiscent drive are some names to listen out for...

My personal definition of downbeat is laidback, break driven ... with an interesting melody, relaxed vocals, and a rich bassline.

but the key word is ... relaxed, but not comatose...

You could probably find a large variety of genres which have a downbeat style in some of thier tunes... Reggae and HipHop ... there's more... but I'm not here to make definitions...

(J5's , Tribe Called Quest, De La Soul.... are heavily downbeat...)

oh and another thing...

the BPM is always below 105 if it's downbeat...

(oh and Massive Attack... good example of downbeat / downtempo)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back