New Sample Intensive Beat Tape: Trying to Make It (Feedback Please)

Sounds good not really my style but i can appreciate the work that went into it :-) keep it up .

I listened to the whole tape and dropped some quick feed on the cloud.

I wanna give a quick resume:
I liked that beattape, but it lacks diversity. I personally like the feel of your beats, and that goldfinger flick was great,
but maybe you should try working with different styles...At least if you really "wanna make it"

Still nice beattape, good work, some rough mixing and mastering here and there (1st track eg) but very solid. Followed you, looking forward to hearing more from you :)

That summer breeze beat is hot man, love the sound of it, overall good sample work on your tape... my fav is probably Find Yourself....

Im digging the beat tape man. Its got a good sound. Im liking the samples. Its def something I would listen to on a long drive.

Santa's Gold sounds really pro and addictive, definately got replay value..

Thx man. glad u liked it! MAke sure to cop the rest of the Beat Tape and pick up a few things ive done there! lol
But ill check out ur stuff no doubt. I promise

---------- Post added at 11:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 AM ----------

I listened to pussy money weed, nice beat but your mix needs work, unless that's the effect you were going for it's extremely over compressed, and the bass is kinda muddying up the track. Other than that, it could use a couple switch ups too, but its a hot beat.

Yea, i know the mixing is horrible in that track. I work with Fruity and i made it on an older version. When i tried to reopen it to mix it up after i acquired new mixing knowledge, FL messed with my samples so it didnt sound the same at all. :/
SO i just dropped the unmixed version. Otherwise, I do intend to get around to that as I wanna record over it!
thc for the FB though!

---------- Post added at 11:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 AM ----------

Wish upon a star sounds like it would be great for a creepy scary carnival scene in a thriller movie. Nice work!

LMAO, I always just thought it sounded like a Dipset, Cam'ron/Juelz Santana type of beat... I like the creepy scary carnival scene though! lol
Glad u liked it

---------- Post added at 11:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 AM ----------

These are dope, no two ways about it. If i left a comment for everything, id take way too long lol
Awesome work!
Well at least cop the Beat Tape! Glad u liked it mayn!

---------- Post added at 11:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 AM ----------

All You gotta Do:

The chops in the intro, they sound too "sudden", I like the sample, but the chop could be cleaned up a bit. Sample in the actual beat is really muffled, sounds like most of its sound is filtered out from the mids and thereforth. I like the sound of it, but the sample needs to be brightened up for clarity. I think you got a nice ear of "where" to sample stuff, just need to work on the mixing area and you'd be str8. This could be a good record if the mix was done correctly. Good beats overall bro, keep at it.

Well the 'sudden' feeling in the intro is what I was looking for, so Im glad it came across as such! And yea, I also muffled down the sample and filtered it. Its the sound that I was actually looking to achieve, lol... I guess it's not your taste, but thanx for the Feedback!

---------- Post added at 12:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:59 AM ----------

These beats are definitely sick. I like your sampling style. I just recommend giving some of your sounds more character. Some of your tracks sound a little dull which could be to the lack of mastering, but I understand you may have been trying to achieve that sound. Then you did great work here. I could see the potential here if all these tracks were mixed and mastered properly.

Thanx man. Im really trying to ante up my mixing and mastering game. I also rap, so im trying to get feedback on my beats so that when I'm ready to launch a mixtape, with raps, my sound will be on point.
What do u mean by give my tracks character though?

Thx for the feedback man!

---------- Post added at 12:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 PM ----------

I listened to the whole tape and dropped some quick feed on the cloud.

I wanna give a quick resume:
I liked that beattape, but it lacks diversity. I personally like the feel of your beats, and that goldfinger flick was great,
but maybe you should try working with different styles...At least if you really "wanna make it"

Still nice beattape, good work, some rough mixing and mastering here and there (1st track eg) but very solid. Followed you, looking forward to hearing more from you :)

Thanx for the feed on the cloud man. I appreciate it!
What you mean about diversity? I tried to range the mood of my tracks from laid back (summer breeze) to bangers (russian Military) and truck rumblers (Pussy, Money Weed) for example.
Do you think I need to add more instruments? or did u mean a mix of sampled and non-sampled tracks? Hit me up and lemme know!
I appreciate the FB and the follow. Ill make sure to follow back! Glad u liked it

---------- Post added at 12:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 PM ----------

That was some good shit! I like that hi- hat!

Keep up the great work! let me know when you post new beats.

Will do. If u wanna stay up-to-date on the beats, you can become a fan on my Facebook page or follow me on soundcloud or youtube! I've posted the links below.
MSP | Facebook

Santa Sallet's sets on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Santa Sallet - At The Bar (Remix) [Instrumental] - YouTube

---------- Post added at 12:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 PM ----------

That wuz dope bruh, I think it could have used a lil bit more diversity but that wuz it, u seem to have a good feel for your style of music, keep it up, ur mixes were good also, please return the feed when you get the chance https://www.futureproducers.com/for...w-beat-drop-ur-links-fb-100%-returned-387126/

Glad u liked it! What u mean in terms of diversity though?
Ill make sure to return the feed!
thx for your FB

---------- Post added at 12:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 PM ----------

Im digging the beat tape man. Its got a good sound. Im liking the samples. Its def something I would listen to on a long drive.

Biggest compliment yet man! I hope you downloaded a copy of the beat tape and became a fan! More to come soon.
thx for the feedback

---------- Post added at 12:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 PM ----------

Good shit man! I followed you on twitter. I record and produce for a few rappers I know who wouldn't mind a collab.

You can check their shit out here if you want - https://www.futureproducers.com/for...eive-feedback/3-card-economy-class-ep-387248/

I'll check it out later tonight man. Promise! I'm always down to collab and get my name out there! I'll PM you and we'll see what's good!

hey man, really diggin summer breeze, I can feel myself flowing to this, as well as the artists I'm working with. I made a sample version of Journey's "Don't Stop Believin" That you might like. Haven't posted it yet. But on the fo real, I'm feelin summer breeze. Has anyone worked on that beat yet? You inspired me to do a sample of that same song! Check out my beat, "I am King (The Fall of Babylon)" and tell me what you think as well. There is post on this forum, or you can check my fb. later bro, keep up the good work.

Back