New Sample Intensive Beat Tape: Trying to Make It (Feedback Please)

SubSanta

Santa Sallet of MSP
Hey all,

I recently released a FREE Beat Tape containing Beats that I've made over the years.
As the title implies, it's all samples and I would really like some feedback.

I know I'm not great at mixing, but I'm really trying, so feedback there would be the most critical. Any tips are welcome.

The Beat Tape includes samples from Michael Jackson, Santogold, Lee Fields, The Dramatics, James Bond and many more...

You can download the beat tape here:
Trying_to_Make_It_(2011).rar - Hulk Share - Easy way to share your files

Or you can listen to it off my Facebook fanpage (become a fan if you like what you hear):
MSP | Facebook

Or you can listen to it directly off of my Soundcloud (follow if you like what you hear):
Santa Sallet's sets on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Here's the promo video off YouTube to get you started (subscribe if you like what you hear):
Santa Sallet - At The Bar (Remix) [Instrumental] - YouTube

Lastly, here's another beat to get you started as well:
http://soundcloud.com/sallet-1/sets/trying-to-make-it-1

Like I said, if you like what you hear, please subscribe, like, follow or whatever the case may be.

Also all the feedback I can get is appreciated. Futureproducers.com has been an amazing place and I have gotten a few samples and tips from here, so I'd love to get feedback from here too!!

Download to your hearts content and tell all your friends (and yo momma) about how much you love my music! :)
Thank you...

Last edited:
Santa's Gold - I like the vocals that are thrown in there....the beat isnt bad...but personally, I'm not really feeling it at the moment.

All You Gotta Do - I feel that the intro could transition a lot better for the actual drop... Sounded kinda choppy to me. But, the sample is dope, and the filtering sounds pretty cool...I like the percussion...I dont know if you added it, or it was part of the original sample..but its dope.

Find Yourself - I like this...It sounds good as is, but I think a little less chopping would make it nicer..Thats personal taste tho..Regardless its pretty dope

Wish Upon A Star - Personally, I hate that snare.

Russian - Diggin the intro horns...Drums are nice..but about 30-40 seconds I get bored...I hear you changed it up later on....But I think this would be the ****ing absolute shit if you had some synths and extra instruments thrown in there to play along and counter with the horns......and some bass. Nice job, still

Having No1 - I like the sample...Wasn't feelin the flip as much tho..

All in all, shits dope...I didn't listen to all of them...but, keep up the good work man

return the feedback to my beat,please.. https://www.futureproducers.com/for...dback/moombahton-remix-1-devilz-night-386308/

Last edited:
@Quantum: Yea all the percs on All you gotta do is was me. Glad you liked my ish. I'll be sure to return the favor mayn.

---------- Post added at 05:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:27 PM ----------

@T-Stylez: thanx for the indepth feedback mayn... Ill check out ur track.

I've decided to embed some tracks to make it easier to view so here they are:

Last edited:
Nice tracks man! Russian Military was rockin'! the brass was killer, wonderful job on that. Summer breeze was pretty chill too! Nice job!

Nice tracks man! Russian Military was rockin'! the brass was killer, wonderful job on that. Summer breeze was pretty chill too! Nice job!

Thanx man, appreciate it.

Here's Russian Military for those who are wondering:

and Summer Breeze

My policy is I only listen to one beat per post, sorry. So I just went with the first one on your soundcloud, santa's gold. I like the bass that comes in and out. I like the sample a lot. The clap is really cool too but the kick isn't near where it needs to be imo... hi hats could be stronger and more aggressive too. The snares that roll in and out are kind of weak too. Everything is pretty dope except the things I mentioned. Pretty creative. I really like the chops you did later in the beat, was really creative. Gotta get a more powerful kick though.

holy shit man this is like pink floyd type new shit love it its like stonerific haha personally I wouldnt clasify this a beat somone would rap over i dont know if thats what you wanted but it hold itself on its own without any other vocalist at all its like a step down from dubstep which is good cause dubstep imo is shit but i love this has alot of emotion and feeling very trippy the mix is pretty good but im listening on headphones atm because its late ill have to check it out on my monitors tommarrow its nice and wide which i love. Maybe change up the drum rhythm a couple times or for the hell of it maybe try throwing a old school break revamped up with some new samples in somewhere. very cool stuff indeed my friend.

Btw im talking about the first track ^^^

Edit holy $^$^% where did you get that drum line on russian military that is absolute kanye status on that track!!

Last edited by a moderator:
My policy is I only listen to one beat per post, sorry.

Thats all good mayn, one listen is better then none! U missing out on some doep stuff though I promise! I got u though, ill see what I can do about the drums. thx

I wouldnt clasify this a beat somone would rap over i dont know if thats what you wanted but it hold itself on its own without any other vocalist at all its like a step down from dubstep which is good cause dubstep imo is shit but i love this has alot of emotion and feeling very trippy

I actually already wrote a song too it. Its about getting drunk in the club and having to apologize to people for constantly bumping into them! All in all, its a feel good, trippy, drunk, get high and party. So im glad you got that from it!

holy $^$^% where did you get that drum line on russian military that is absolute kanye status on that track!!
Thx man. Thats a big compliment as Im a Kanye fan! But it was just a lil something we came up with. Glad u liked it!

Appreciate the feedback guys.

nice tracks. you have a unique vibe. i really like the way you mix your tracks, and how you always choose the right drums. your percussions sound raw and dope. good work. however: as evidenced by my own track, i am not a fan of chopping.

I think you could rearrange the samples a little to make it flow a little better.

But it is a good sample, toy around with it a little and see if you can find some better placement

Good stuff man

Nothing much to say... I like the way you flipped the samples but only thing I would improve on is finding better/harder knocking kicks!

Keep it up bro!

the russian military joint i'm definitely diggin i'm lovin the horns on the track they really bring the beat to life and the drums are hittin hard as hell! with those combined together it gives me the feel of something like stadium music kinda like Kanye during his Graduation phase and the summer breeze joint i'm lovin that sample and the electric guitar sound on the chorus the only fault i find with this track imo is that I feel the snare could hit a lil harder but what u have still works though either way good shyt my dude!!!

Wassup, returning the favour!

I'm listening to Santa's Gold and I like those vocals. It's different and that's a good thing.
I listened to Russian Military, I was feeling it but then I thought it was repetitive for a lil too long.
When the variation kicks in it's nice.
THe intro to P*ssy, money, is killer, those keys are awesome. I'm not too sure about the kick, a lil more variation would also keep the listener happy.

Keep the hustle strong. Thanx again for your feedback on my thread.

Man, you have really great ideas! You need to work more on your sound. I feel like there is not enough bass (except "Pus** , money...") in your songs and they sound a bit quiet but I really enjoyed them as tracks. I find your sampling work really good!

The vocal in Santa's Gold is really nice together with the song.

My personal favorite though is "Find yourself". Amazing beat! So nice! Love it!

I am not that good at mastering but I would love to give a try and master "Find yourself" just to see if I can make it sound better. Let me know what you think!

Cheers!

thx for the really nice feedback man. love it so much . was on your youtube page and i really love that beat u did. "Santa Sallet - At The Bar (Remix) [Instrumental] " left u thumps up and comment on it to push you fam!

Hey - took a listen to a number of the tracks, and you've got some really great material...like you said I think that your mix needs work....You will improve over time so just keep at it and practice the mixing as much as possible - love the creative edge - you've got some really nice tracks!!

Back