NEED HELP BUYING

J

Jupiterkilo

HELP !!!!
I really need some expert advice...
I have a limited budget and have my eye on some gear.
I already have a highend PC (1GHZ/256mb with Guillermot Maxis ISIS card)
Running the following programs:
Cubase v5.0
Cakewalk
Rebirth
Reason
sonic Foundry
I want to get some hardware and as I was saying I have a set budget.
I can afford 2 of the following, please tell me which 2 I should get as a starting point.

Yamaha RM1X
Roland JV 1010
Korg Electribe ES-1
Zoom Sampletrack ST-224
Yamaha S200
akai S2000

So please help me and tell me which 2 of the above I should get and why you think i should get those 2
Personally I would choose the RM1X and then one of the samplers.
I am unsure of whether to get one of the phrase samplers or the akai.
Also someone has sugested I get the JV-1010 and the akai s2000 as these are more "professional" than the others
Would you agree?

Many Thanks

Confused Schmuck

Check out the user reveiws of the akia on http://www.harmonycentral.com, they're awsom. I have the yamaha su200, and it's sweet. I love the realtime control that the ribbon gives you, it means you can do some pretty crazy stuff with it, but it doesn't have as much memory as some of the others you mentioned, and the filters arn't very good.

Man get the akai S2000 and up the memory, u can control that from u PC with Cakewalk, if u have an audio editor u can transfer via floppy or by a zip (scsi zip drive need) to the akai, and to put notes in get a cheap master keyboard

RM1X

Definitely get the RM1x, it's so powerful.
There's a few posts on here about it, check 'em out.

Can't really help you with the others, i use an A4000 sampler.
Well worth the extra cash, believe !!!!

Rich.

why the Yamaha RM1X? when he already has Cubase v5.0 Cakewalk, its just i don't see the point of getting another sequencer, control everything from the PC, the GUI is bigger

RM1X

Using the RM1x's sequencers takes a massive burden off your computer. I do use Cubase with my RM1x but have had endless problems trying to use it to sequence all my gear and i also use a powerful PC (1Ghz).

With the RM1x it's just plug in play, simple as that, also much easier to set-up !

Just my opinion.

Rich.

Re: RM1X

DYEONE said:
With the RM1x it's just plug in play, simple as that, also much easier to set-up !

Where is the fun in that? :D its good knowledge learning why u've pulled out clumps of hair

DIFFERING APPROACHES.

It depends really on your whole approach to this thing called making music.

Some people love the technical side of finding out how and why something works, others just want to make music.

I prefer to just make music personally, although i do understand a lot of the technical issues ( which i suppose is a bonus).

Simplicity is the key, and the key to simplicity is understanding !

(Does that make sense ???)

Back