My Scenes for KORG padKONTROL users (DOWNLOAD)

Pad controllers should be used to play melodic pieces.

• Total voters

Salem Beats

Ki from Salem-Beats.com
http://r-apidshare.com/files/373939476/SalemBeatsSceneSet.kpks.html

Remove the dash between the R and A in the link to download the file.

Drum/Percussion Maps:

Scene 1: Battery 3. Set up to correspond 1:1 visually with the default pad values in Battery 3.

Scene 2: GM Percussion. Set up to correspond with the majority of professional drum/percussion libraries. Kicks are set up on the bottom row, snares/claps are set up on the 2nd row from the bottom, hats/crashes are set up on the 3rd row up, and the top row is a set of toms. In my experience, most drum libraries conform at least somewhat to this standard, with some libraries needing just a little tweaking.

Melodic Scenes (All programmed using the A just underneath middle C, so that the scene ranges between sounds usable for bass and sounds usable for leads):

Scene 3: Major Scale (The "Happy" Scale). Lowest pitch at the bottom-left, highest pitch at the top-right.

Scene 4: Natural Minor Scale (Popular Music's Most Popular Scale). As before, lowest pitch at the bottom-left, highest at the top-right.

Scene 5: Harmonic Minor Scale (As above, but with a slight "Persian" feel to it created by modifying the leading tone).

Scene 6: Pentatonic Scale ("Chinatown" Scale).

Scene 7: Whole Scale ("Flashback Scene" Scale). If you play the notes of this scale up and down, you can recreate the classic "flashback" sound effect. Try it out and you'll see what I mean.

Scene 8: Blues Scale (The same scale used in every single cliched blues song you've ever heard).

Scene 9: Chromatic Scale (Simple semitone increments. A good starting point if you want to replace your keyboard with a set of padKONTROLs).

Scene 10: Romanian Minor.
An interesting-sounding scale. Play it and find out.

Scene 11: "Pocahontas" Scale (Pentatonic Scale plus one note. The same notes used in the Pocahontas Disney Movie for the "Colors of the Mountain" song).

Scene 12: Ki's Scale. Similar to the above scale because this one is also the Pentatonic Scale plus one note -- but it's a different note. I tried to find a name for this scale, but couldn't, so I simply named it after myself. Makes sense, right?

Scene 13-16: Unprogrammed (Factory Defaults). Left this way so that you can modify the aforementioned scales and write the modified versions here.

Last edited:
I've used it for a few melodies. It's great at it. I don't wanna get used to it though.

I use it on the road mainly to play drums, .... I am so used to drawing in MIDI from back in my Pro Tools (for beats) days.

I am gonna have to seriously look into managing scenes and such.

Dude, I tried to down load but it said that the limit had been reached and you would need to post again:

"
This file is neither allocated to a Premium Account, or a Collector's Account, and can therefore only be downloaded 10 times.
This limit is reached.
To download this file, the uploader either needs to transfer this file into his/her Collector's Account, or upload the file again. The file can later be moved to a Collector's Account. The uploader just needs to click the delete link of the file to get further information."

Any chance of another go so i can enjoy, I'm currently having problems with my scenes and thought this would be good to try.

Very very much appreciated if you could or would have the time. . .

Actually if that is too much hassle could you mail me a link or send them to my mail account ?

Last edited:
Dude, I tried to down load but it said that the limit had been reached and you would need to post again:

"
This file is neither allocated to a Premium Account, or a Collector's Account, and can therefore only be downloaded 10 times.
This limit is reached.
To download this file, the uploader either needs to transfer this file into his/her Collector's Account, or upload the file again. The file can later be moved to a Collector's Account. The uploader just needs to click the delete link of the file to get further information."

Any chance of another go so i can enjoy, I'm currently having problems with my scenes and thought this would be good to try.

Very very much appreciated if you could or would have the time. . .

Actually if that is too much hassle could you mail me a link or send them to my mail account ?

Didn't realize that there was enough interest for the download limit to become an issue.

Give me your email address and I'll send it to you if I have time.

Hi, I registered to ask: can you please upload this again? I would be vary grateful. It would be a 3 minute task from a stranger that would save this stranger several hours (days?) of time figuring it out.

Back