My Entry to the Game 'Pot Of Gold' Contest (Return all feedback)

ThaScythe

My Entry to 'The Game's 'Pot Of Gold' Contest (Return all feedback)

Hey guys, I just laid down a quick verse for The Game's 'Pot of Gold' comp.
I didn't hear about it til really late, so I didn't have much time to come up with it.

But let me know what you guys think, I would really appreciate some feedback. And if you really like it, voting for me would be dope as f***.
http://www.talenthouse.com/creative...a7522f2f8631f4f3ac/220?affiliate=10705539669#

I will return all feedback too :)

Last edited:
It's cool with the delivery and rhythm but it comes across as too monotone especially with the lyric content. I would say work on a more distinctive rapping style and you should be set. Keep at it

Thanks for the feedback man, means a lot.
Definitely something I need to work on for next time, I just ended up running out of time on this one :)
Cheers

This was actually pretty good, BUT i do agree with Moralz to some degree, that it gets a lil monotone.. Have you done any other bits ?

Yeah, something I will really need to work on, but should be an easy fix. I wish I had more time to record it, but submission was a few days ago.
The contest was only for 16 bars, so I only wrote 16 bars to it.

If anyone votes for me over at talent house... that shit would be dope. I would be indebted :)
Pot Of Gold Competition - Reaper3ntry by Matt Hebron

Last edited:
Thanks guys, I will be posting a bunch more up of the next few weeks. Vocal depth will be something I will be concentrating on.

Thanks for all the feedback :)

I'm gonna have to agree with everyone else, it needed a bit more energy and emphasis to get rid of he monotonous feel. Other than that the lyrics and rhythm of it were good.

Hey whats up,

I didn't dig the beat as much as the raps and as far as the raps go just keep at it. It takes awhile to get nice at rapping or producing...

ok first of WHY THE CUSSING? i dont mean to be a troll but is it really necessary when your talking about your family and crap?

aside from that its pretty good, and i think the monotone issue could be resolved by adding some auto-tuned female vocals every other segment, it needs another melody on top of the cool rapping =)

ok first of WHY THE CUSSING? i dont mean to be a troll but is it really necessary when your talking about your family and crap?

aside from that its pretty good, and i think the monotone issue could be resolved by adding some auto-tuned female vocals every other segment, it needs another melody on top of the cool rapping =)

I wrote it as it came to me, didn't really have much time to filter things. I put it all together with about 2 hours to go in the competition, so I just pumped it out. It was more for the emphasis of things, it wasn't directed at them, just emphasizing the situation. I know what your saying though, thanks for the feedback :)

Thanks for all the feedback guys, all feed returned. I'll be switching it up for the next one

You got flow man but the swearing's a bit much. ****ing this ****ing that. Eradicate that to a certain degree and your good to go. Theres times when swearing can be used for sure for the benefit of the track but it was overly used in my opinion.
Dont have facebook or twitter otherwise i'd vote for you bro. Thanks again for the feed. Whereabouts you from bro?

Last edited:
Thanks man, I definitely get that. Really good feedback, thanks :)
Australia man, can you hear any accent at all?

Honestly, it feels as if you forced yourself to be emotional. It doesn't sound sincere.

But I could be wrong. Try to put some more strength behind your voice. It sounds like you don't give a sh** about your lyrics.

Honestly, it feels as if you forced yourself to be emotional. It doesn't sound sincere.

But I could be wrong. Try to put some more strength behind your voice. It sounds like you don't give a sh** about your lyrics.

What do you mean by 'don't give a shit about your lyrics'? The content, or the filtering of? It was a bad recording, it sounded good until I put it into the video software and that killed any of the decency about the audio. Also, as you can see in the video, it wasn't recorded in an optimal environment.
But thanks for the feedback man, it's something I will work on

Back