Mpc 2000xl or mpc 1000 suggestions plz!!

DJ_Kalm-plex

Hey all. I just sold my Mpc 2000 so I could upgrade to the mpc 2000xl, but now I see that the mpc 1000 is out and I'm having second thoughts. I did some research on forums and what people had to say, but I'm still a bit confused. What would you guys do? Get the XL or go withthe 1000? Thanks in advance!!

kalmplex

The Olny reason I would go for the 1000 is Flash Media card and Computer interfacing . If storge and Computer interfacing is important then I would look towards the 1000. The 2000xl with a zip disk and a program like reycle can match the 1000 in caertin ways. I'm not into the 1000 small size..I would keep the 2000xl and make sure that the 1000 isnt a bug zone.

Peace Komplex

You did what i did, I got rid of the 2000 because it had gliches I got the 2000xl because its a better machine. This is what i did for storage. I bought 250 zip, a Glyph CDrom, and I bought a 9 gig hard drive from ebay that partitions from A- to Z and I haven't even gotten into C section. A section came with a bundle of sounds. I run them in a chain and it works LOVELY!!! So for storage I can save on Zip and my external hard drive which I bought for $157.00 off of ebay, it was a bargain. Listen , the MPC 1000 dont have 8 outs, and that smart card , it's cool but the MPC2000xl has more saving options. How many big studios you know is going to have a MPC1000? Not any, but they do have MPC 2000 or 2000xl which you can take your zip saved tracks and put them in a 2000 if you save it as midi files, but you cant take 2000 or 2000xl tracks and go to the 1000. When I sample from cd's I go from my Tascam CDRW optical to my MPC coaxial, with a adapter that let me do that, so I go straight into the MPC digital and lose no bits. I have my MPC hooked up and it's compatible with any studio that has one. Plus I am about to hook it up to my motu and with my keyboard and use Cubase, it's about to be off the chain. Get the MPC 2000xl, you won't go wrong. Mpc1000 I see as if you don't know what to really get when you coming in the game and you are young and low on funds, Then get that, but since you know, get the MPC2000xl, don't take a step backwards, take the step forward. Like me I have the Yamaha O2R version 2, I am going to step it up to the Yamaha 24/96 because I know that is a mixing board that is 10 times better than my O2R that I have now. It cost $8999 but I will have the money and I don't care. When it comes to my studio I want the best and what I put out will give me back more than I will ever know. So never step back take a step forward for the better. I love all MPC series except for the Rack modules, I don't deal with them. I love MPC 2000, 2000xl, 3000, 1000, 60,60 II, and 4000, but the 4000 is for those who don't have a whole studio and just wanna hook up some speakers and just go. I have all the things in my studio that I don't need MPC4000, I have storage, cdrw, pads etc.

Hey, thanks alot DA NOC. I appreciate the help. I probably will go with the mpc2000xl. I just kept seeing the specs and it seemed the 1000 had more features. I appreciate the help. By the way, do you really think I need the 8 outs?

IMO, you'd be better off with the 1000

its cheaper, smaller, 4x the RAM, 4 samples a pad instead of 1, RESAMPLING the main out (this is the best part, to resample a drum with some reverb or just messing around with the sliders), builtin effects and master effects, builtin assignable outs, digital I/O, let my fingers rest..., 2 Qlink sliders, 2 filters a pad, it can hold 6,144 samples... well, thats about it but i'm probably leaving something out.

if your serious about music production multiple assignable outs are very neccessary and the 8outs for the 2000xl is like a third of the price for the 1000.

i'd do some more heavy research... the 1000 is hitting stores any day now.

I have an xl2000 but I will sell it to get the new mpc1000. Only reason why I got this machine is because I got it cheap and Im now looking to make 200$ profit to resell it. I gotta admit though that the mpc xl is impressive to say the least but I gotta have that pc stoage and pc editing capacity so MPC1000 is the ****. I just hope that the timing on mpc1000 is as good(WAITING FOR REVIEWS) if not better than my current mpc xl.

I can also understtand why akai took out the reverse and some other **** on mpc 1000. Thats what your pc is for duhhhhhh.... Makes perfect sense to me

"I can also understtand why akai took out the reverse and some other **** on mpc 1000. Thats what your pc is for duhhhhhh.... Makes perfect sense to me"
-----------------
is this meant ironic? or did you really say, that a mpc 1000 without a "reverse" is superior to a mpc 1000 with that feature?

Back