"Motion in Her Ocean" new smooth hip-hop

SoulBoy

What's up FP fam. It's been literally over 5 years since I last posted (hence the outdated links in my sig lol) but wanted to get some fresh ears on my new music from my production brethren. Newest beat is called motion in her ocean. I envisioned Wale on this when I made it.. Check it out, leave some feedback and i'll be sure to return it.

Motion in Her Ocean -

SoundClick artist: SoulBoy Productions - Quality Hip-hop Instrumentals. All styles of hip-hop(R&B,Dirty South, West Coast, East Coast,..ect.)

Feel free to check out any other beats on my page and give your impressions/opinions.

SoundClick artist: SoulBoy Productions - Quality Hip-hop Instrumentals. All styles of hip-hop(R&B,Dirty South, West Coast, East Coast,..ect.)

Nice mix! Percussion work is cool, but I feel like those synth patches are a bit played out. Bassline sits nice and gives the track a nice groove though.. I like how that kick sits too, cuts through nicely. I like certain elements, but as a whole the mix is what stands out for me here.. Nice job though!! Welcome back :)

I really like this, especially the use of percussion and hit hats! I'm digging the bassline, and the chorus part is also dope, I like how the beat changes, great work! :D

Last edited:
Really nice work....great melodies here...I can hear what Igotninjas is saying about that one trancy synth that sounds like a motif patch that was everywhere a few years ago so I could hear maybe another sound selection for that part but the melody it's playing is super dope...all in all really nice well done

I feel the vibes of this definetly. The melody is really laid back and the bass keeps things going. Nice harmony. Could see Wale on this too tbh. Keep up the good work g.

Dope Beat bro! Great Mix , the melodies flow with each other perfectly. And the bass is dope too. This got a soul feel to it, really diggin this one.

returning feedback
I would like to check Snoop Dogg on it... His voice tone would ideally match to this track. All sounds are perfectly selected and mixed up together - we can hear every single one. In terms of arrangement there is everything in proper order - excellent job!

this is tight. love how the track progresses with more and more energy and I like the drop offs u included to add tension. sounds sound good and the mix is gr8. your melodies and groove are awesome too, can definitely see a prominent and original style in this beat.

i like this a lot bro. motion in her ocean rides to me, i'm nodding my head.. has a mid 2000s throwback feel to me for some reason, i like that.

Thanks for all the responses so far. Highly appreciated. Thanks for the welcome igotNINJAs! Keep em coming. I'll return feed for anybody who leaves a link.

Last edited:
It's a really nice beat, appreciate your work here. Kick&clap fits well, closed hat appears loose, synth's works well together and the transitions works well together too. Bass line is dope. Nice overall vibe, can easily imagine someone rapping and agree with the guy above bout the Snoop Dog style. Thanks for the feed and welcome back.

Returning feedback... damn i'm feeling this..got mad vibes. Your mixing is so good damn great variation.. I enjoyed it. Dont stop ever:cool:

Back