Most Underated Producer

I'm tellin you..Gilles Peterson raves about him all the time,Radiohead requested his talents to remix some songs of their last cd.I have a friend who went to Europe and he had no idea how popular he was.

Pimpmatik said:
I'm tellin you..Gilles Peterson raves about him all the time,Radiohead requested his talents to remix some songs of their last cd.I have a friend who went to Europe and he had no idea how popular he was.

I see. I never realised. If I went to any of my mates who are hip-hop heads and asked them if they knew of Madlib they'd not have a clue of what Im talkning about.

That_beat_aint_right said:
I see. I never realised. If I went to any of my mates who are hip-hop heads and asked them if they knew of Madlib they'd not have a clue of what Im talkning about.

Well,a god in the alternative scene,maybe not mainstream hiphop or grime,he'd be much bigger but he's really weird...haha

LOL!!!!!!!! F*kin Automator? I own plenty of the guys records or co-produced and he doesn't even register on the radar screen! Underated maybey, but in the whole hiphop game, absolutely not. Opinions difer but that's far out LOL. Thats like saying the most underated 70's pop group was the Carpenters ahaha. Sorry bro but that's hilarious Automator is solid at best.

Chosen One said:
LOL!!!!!!!! F*kin Automator? I own plenty of the guys records or co-produced and he doesn't even register on the radar screen! Underated maybey, but in the whole hiphop game, absolutely not. Opinions difer but that's far out LOL. Thats like saying the most underated 70's pop group was the Carpenters ahaha. Sorry bro but that's hilarious Automator is solid at best.
I share the same opinion,the Dr Octagon was dope but Kool Keith brought his A-game as the lyrics were insane....
I'll bring another name,maybe it's already been mentioned but Large Professor,who wasn't lucky since he had label issues,but I was listening to a friendly game of baseball and was blown away by the production and that was 16 years ago!!!

haha...yes will i am is mad underated even before black eyed peas went mainstream....let me add that he's underunderated....lol

Right on, I'd agree with the Large Proff suggestion. He may or may not be the most underrated but one things for sure he doesn't get enough props for all the dope Main Source records. Also I forgot one J. Rawls, if anyone here has ever heard the Essence vol.1 it's a great album. Anyone digging 9th beats and such should pick up J.Rawls/ Lone Catalysts **** its dope.

Ohh yea good point Pimpmatik about the doc Oct album. I own all original vinyl from that record, LP's/12"s Automator came through with solid production, however Kieth and SirMenelik carried that record, along with Q-bert's ridiculous scratching on Blue flowers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chosen One said:
Right on, I'd agree with the Large Proff suggestion. He may or may not be the most underrated but one things for sure he doesn't get enough props for all the dope Main Source records. Also I forgot one J. Rawls, if anyone here has ever heard the Essence vol.1 it's a great album. Anyone digging 9th beats and such should pick up J.Rawls/ Lone Catalysts **** its dope.

Ohh yea good point Pimpmatik about the doc Oct album. I own all original vinyl from that record, LP's/12"s Automator came through with solid production, however Keith and SirMenelik carried that record, along with Q-bert's ridiculous scratching on Blue flowers.
True...I first bought the doc oct instrumentals cd but when I when I heard Kool Keith and Sir Menelik on the original cd,I was blown away And I totally agree with you,Q-Bert's scratching was plain sick!!!
J-Rawls produced bangers for Maspyke and since you mentioned him,how about Fat Jon?
9th is mad dope but I'm afraid that he might be a one trick pony...
In fact,I read somewhere that it was Large Pro that tought Primo how to use the sp-1200 in exchange for access to his massive record collection....

lol, 9th is both under and over rated. the whole "fp crowd" does ride him a little too hard. but mainstream gives him no credit along with the rest of big brother. and to me it seems like the flavor of the month producer is scott storch while all his beats sound the same. HE USES THE SAME INSTRUMENT EVERY BEAT!!!

LOL I forgot about Fat Jon. He's underrated, all the Kool Motor album was crazy. Same with Dislexic and all that ****. Also D.I.T.C., the whole crew Diamond D, Buckwild, Lord Finess, Showbiz, AG, OC. Chief Excel is dope to from Blackalicious.

Pimp C of UGK, he is a very underrated producer. He's been hitting us with Down South bangers for years and no one ever mentions him.

OK YALL ON THIS BOARD need to listen up. SIXTEEN PAGES OF UNDERRATED PRODUCERS AND NO DJ PAUL AND JUICY J?!? Yall really sleepin on the SUPER PRODUCERS DJ Paul and Juicy J. I mean these guys were doin get buck music like 14 years ago. They dont even sample the normal stuff people sample they sample like horror movie themes, tv show themes, movie themes, and video game themes, all kindsa crazy ****. Some of my fav beats - every posse song ever (unbreakables(Rome0 and juliet sampled one is nuts!), money by the bags by chrome, and body bags . I mean and this is just off their new ish their underground **** is soo fire, now that they are mainstream, they are going to be dropping that straight fire for the mainstream folk. So Stop sleepin on Juicy J and DJ Paul!

They are def the most underrated producers in the game, its great to see them finally gettin recognition for it (oscars ect.) and even though ill always love their underground **** more than their mainstream, at least i know that their mainstream gonna be 10x better than any other mainstream that comes out, cuz they gonna bring that straight gaaangsta ****!

So any hataz out here that wanna diss the camp can just

SHUUT THE FUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCKKKK UUUUUUU -- UUUUU --- UUUUU -- UUUUU UUUUP!!!!

Last edited:
LOL! Your F**ked LOL. Ya their real good producers, I guess the F**kin Academy awards thought so u F**kin Tool! "The Most underrated producer", everybody's going to have their own opinion bro. How can you say somebody like(I'm biased here cuz it was my suggestion) No I.D. is more underrated then Paul or Juicy J? LOL you(and answer this truthfully before you pirate all his beats) don't even know No I.D. and the banging beats he was churnin out in the mid-late nintees. I suggest you get off their D**k, and don't take the F**kin thug approach with me!

ohh yea and another thing I got 2 albums, so who's sleeping? I appreciate any hiphop thats real music. Poppin my Collar??? Whoa Playa LOL thats some deep subject matter their bro. I actually Like Three 6 Mafia, but man I take them as a grain of salt, their certainly no Black Thought or MF Doom.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back