Mike Tyson vs. Floyd Mayweather... who's more entertaining

B

biggrome

Floyd makes you watch him, lol.

I always knew Mike was a lil vulnerable... but Floyd has been in a boxing family all of his life... it's like taking over the family business.

I tend to buy every Floyd fight myself... but used to go to other peoples parties for Tyson fights...

If you're a fight fan... who's more entertaining... even list people you'd watch no matter who they were fighting.

Last edited by a moderator:
I myself am not that into boxing, but in MMA, I would watch any fight with Diego Sanchez. Dude is a very good fighter.

I myself am not that into boxing, but in MMA, I would watch any fight with Diego Sanchez. Dude is a very good fighter.

Man.... you're going to turn this into another religion thread, lol.

He goes wayyyy overboard with the praying and stuff in the octagon.

So bad... his girlfriend left him...(yes, his faith was the reason... she was of the same faith just not to the extreme he was / is)

... but she still showed up to watch his fights. (maybe to look at other dudes but she was cheering for him)

... a lot of women be at those MMA joints, lol.

Lol, I know about that. I don't think he praying (might be) but I know he is a big Tony Robbin's, power of positive thinking, azz weirdo.

I dont really care about that I just enjoy watching his fights.

Also Anderson Silva is on another level, against Forrest Griffin, didn't even have his guard up. Even Forrest knew it was game over

Mike Tyson didn't start fighting angry till he won the titles... After that he kept getting into major trouble and Cust wasn't alive to keep him focused. Thats when the slickness in his game left but when he was title Tyson, dude was amazingly acurate and sharp...

Floyd is just plain good... 10 rounds in he still has a presence lost by most fighter going into there second wind... There both great boxers but Floyd was a better fighter mentally...

Pretty Boy is more entertaining now, Mike is sad, not entertaining.

In Mike's heyday, no one in professional sports put on a more electrifying performance. But you know, Tyson just wasnt real flashy, he was all business. Don King had the flash. That was entertaining.

Pretty Boy brings a side show and his flashy nature def makes him one of the most entertaining in boxing right now.

But if I had to pick the most entertaining right now, it would be Mayorga or Pavlik. Maybe Pacman.

B Hop is one of my all time faves too. Though he is kinda boring to watch.

Depends what Mike I'm watching.. I'll admit I enjoyed Mikes savagery.

I got tied of watching Floyd dancing around the ring.

Tyson...outside the ring he's a lunatic = hilarious, and in his prime in the ring = vicious...don't like Mayweather at all.

Can't front that Mayweather knows the game of how to get people to watch him.

He invented HBO 24/7 literally. It was his idea.

Roy Jones in his prime is prolly my favorite.

Maybe Sugar Ray v Hagler.

Nah, its Junior.

Until he took it too far.

Roy Jones in his prime is prolly my favorite.

Maybe Sugar Ray v Hagler.

Nah, its Junior.

Until he took it too far.

yeah RJJ is the best mix of that explosive highlight reel knockout power mixed with roys flamboyant showboating and antics. but then missed some massive fights just to fight guys who had no reason to be in a ring with him from 1998 - 2002. only reggie johnson and maybe clinton woods of note. semi retiered part time police officer richard frazier had no reason to be on a main event. it's embarressing.

floyd doenst impress me, i understand he is one of th ebest of what he does but still the guy is living off his unbeaten record, and now is becoming a businessman....none was askign for delahoya-mayweather but it was just for money...there was cotto,mosley,williams in his own weigth class and he decides going up to 154?????!?!?

he has become a money spinner. he only retired so he can come back again. it's almost like ticking boxes to make a legacy...just defend your belt against the top challenges.

Last edited:
Between Tyson and Floyd I would say Floyd. While I loved watching Tyson knock peoples head off, the fight hardly ever lasted long enough to really enjoy anything. For the most part Floyd is going to give you round after round of show. My all time favorite boxer is RJJ though. I enjoyed watchin him beat the sh!t outta Jeff Lacy.

^^ He does need to quit but he still has a little gas left in the tank. I want to see him fight one more time against Hopkins and then they both retire.

in the ring, mayweather.
just life in general, tyson.

Who tattoo's their face like that right before a fight? lol

To answer the original question...Mike Tyson is more entertaining, inside and outside the ring. Tyson once told a female reporter that she shouldn't talk unless he was going to fornicate with her. He came out the gate knocking out his 1st 20 something opponents. He has even bitten a mans ear off.

Mayweather has not looked great since he knocked out the late Arturo Gatti. In his fights with Zab Judah, Carlos Baldomir, and Oscar Dela Hoya, it seemed like he had the ability to dominate and destroy those opponents but just didnt. Even though he knocked out Ricky Hatton, the way Manny Pacquiao knocked out Ricky Hatton showed me that Mayweather could of done better in that fight too.

Mayweather is entertaining outside the ring in the 24/7 series. The trials and tribulations between him and his family are definitely interesting. But inside the ring, he is sharp, he is fast, he does win, but to me he doesnt dominate like a true champion.

The one to watch is Manny Pacquiao. You can easliy say his last ten bouts have all been entertaining. Especially his last 4. He pretty much fights everyone and fights with intensity

Floyd has better showmanship than Mike. The flashiness, the money, the cars, the youtube clips, etc. Mike had all that, and he flaunted it, just not to the level of Floyd "living rap video" Maywether. Dude will go out of his way to promote himself like no other boxer.

Mike was entertaining without trying. His knockouts, his skills, his jail sentence, his wife, his tattoo, his effin' VOICE...everything about Mike was just fodder for everyone to feast on. His life is something of a novel in itself.

So who's more entertaining. I'd go with Floyd. He is all about entertainment. Much like his man 50, he knows this is the "entertainment business". And he's proven that he knows enough about the first part of whats in between the quotations to keep himself relevant to whats in the second part of them.

Mike's still a bigger star, though...

Back