Mastered Song

T-Stylez

I mastered my song i free styled to and i want to know what you think of the overall mastering (not the lyrics) please give me feedback good or bad

Attachments

• Vent (Mastered).mp3
    2.9 MB · Views: 40
i love the beat...instrumental and drums...sounds so nice.

the flows on point...you stumbled some...but you kept it going and made it sound good. keep up the good work dude

feelin the beat and the flow. you might want to add a lil more lows to the beat, the kick to me is not bumpin. but other than that, i think it's a pretty clean mastering

feelin the beat and the flow. you might want to add a lil more lows to the beat, the kick to me is not bumpin. but other than that, i think it's a pretty clean mastering
thanks i feel the same about the kick but when i throw the l2 on it why is it not as loud as commercial mastered songs

Yea, I really got the same feeling as everybody else. Mixing isn't too bad, but yea drums could use some beefing up.

I got ur msg for me to check this out.....

Overall you have a good track here with real good possibilities but the mix is too tight. Meaning the frequencies are too close together...too much in the middle. If you open up the mix a little by panning some instruments to the sides it will really open up this mix. The beat is laid back and smooth and the mix does not reflect that feeling. I hear the congos (or bongos) can't tell which are panned to create space so I would open up the drums a little more to follow those.

Next I would address that distored rhodes sample. It sounds good, but it carries the melody so it is played throughout the track. This is fine except it is right down the middle where the vocal needs to be so the vocal is fighting for space which is why it sounds detached from the rest of the track. You might want to have to pan the sample from left to right every time it loops through twice or something. This will open up the middle for your vocal and it will create some excitement to your sample that is playing throughout the track by giving it a little movement.

I would not change the drums on this track. They sound the way they do because the sample is causing them to sound muddy and they get lost in the mix. The song is laid back so the drums should be too (which they are). Louder drums may over-power the track or cause more muddiness. Anyway once you open up the mix more the drums sound will come through you'll see.

I got ur msg for me to check this out.....

Overall you have a good track here with real good possibilities but the mix is too tight. Meaning the frequencies are too close together...too much in the middle. If you open up the mix a little by panning some instruments to the sides it will really open up this mix. The beat is laid back and smooth and the mix does not reflect that feeling. I hear the congos (or bongos) can't tell which are panned to create space so I would open up the drums a little more to follow those.

Next I would address that distored rhodes sample. It sounds good, but it carries the melody so it is played throughout the track. This is fine except it is right down the middle where the vocal needs to be so the vocal is fighting for space which is why it sounds detached from the rest of the track. You might want to have to pan the sample from left to right every time it loops through twice or something. This will open up the middle for your vocal and it will create some excitement to your sample that is playing throughout the track by giving it a little movement.

I would not change the drums on this track. They sound the way they do because the sample is causing them to sound muddy and they get lost in the mix. The song is laid back so the drums should be too (which they are). Louder drums may over-power the track or cause more muddiness. Anyway once you open up the mix more the drums sound will come through you'll see.

thanks aot man

i was actually going to say the drums could use more punch but who am i to go against a pro engineer? lol

anyway the vibe of this track is bumping. i really love the tone and vibe it sets off. only thing i would change is where you have the piano playing in the mix. the vocals sound awesome to with all that added texture. makes the track sound gritty and tough.

side note: i know you didn't want criticism on your rhymes but i will say this. you have great a voice for hip hop. and even that part where you messed up at :48 went well with it. i would keep that in. people love little mistakes like that.

Arthur D (@ArthurDmusic) on Twitter

Back