marijuana and making music

Never smoked marijuana, but whenever I've had prescription painkillers (vicodin, tramadol, etc...) I tend to make more relaxed music. Most of the time when I'm drugged I just sit there and take the music in, then work on something when I've come out of the high.

As far as coming up with twisted and odd ideas, I tend to do that quite nicely on my own while sober. :)

its deff good for the creative/making beat process. anything else it just keeps you mellow.. So maryjane= good!!!

Awesome thread, making music while high ? only when jammin' out and creating song ideas, but mixing i don't think so. It gets kinda trippy when your working with dance and house music lol.

yeah mos def blow in the lab seem to relaxes me when sit in front of my set up listen to a few tunes and just look at it and get a good feelin from it before i start bangin away makes it more fun for me to...

Glad I found this thread because I had question like this myself! Let me just say that BEFORE I started smoking/producing, my "beats" were pretty lame. I suppose you can attribute that to me being a beginner at the time and not really having any fundamental understanding of music theory/composition, however I felt less inspired and more inclined to think INSIDE the box. To put this in perspective, about 90% of the time I couldn't finish a song and my ideas didn't flow naturally. My creativity stumped easily and my songs sounded like all kinds of techno weirdness lol. Now, the ideas seem to flow even better, perhaps for hours on end, and my listening ear sharpens too. It's weird, I never thought I could do anything this intricate stoned, and now there's never a moment I'm not stoned when I'm producing. Marijuana and music go so well together imo, I'd say if you haven't tried it at least once, you're missing out for sure. The last 10-15 songs I've produced were all done stoned. You can see some of these on my SoundCloud (.com/defprotocol) as proof :p.

Last edited:
There are numerous examples that shows marijuana has a positive effect on creativity...

I can agree. Not saying every beat/verse is 10 x better when high, but it makes me more creative. That's why I like it.

Anyone else ever tried making beats on shrooms, lol? That's not good hahah! It's fun and all but my experiences show that the result is a disaster. I rather walk around in the woods after some 5/5 psilocybine cubensis.

yeah same here, back then i didnt smoke much at all which was good for music and all that artist **** you can do but like you said too often and ill just be a food eating couch potato haha

Weed does not make people lazy. Weed just boost smokers characteristics. If You are lazy person and dont know how to discipline Yourself, smoking weed will make You sit, watch and eat. If You are not lazy, smoking will not make You lazy. :)

I can agree. Not saying every beat/verse is 10 x better when high, but it makes me more creative. That's why I like it.

Anyone else ever tried making beats on shrooms, lol? That's not good hahah! It's fun and all but my experiences show that the result is a disaster. I rather walk around in the woods after some 5/5 psilocybine cubensis.

I have tried it for few times, mainly just puting sounds together and fixing bad parts when sober. Needs more time since everything is morphing and moving, thoughts racing too fast. Was enjoyable experiance. :)
Shrooms+weed are better for writing lyrics than making beats in My case. Every words just hits the nail with perfection.

Last edited:
Back