Madlib= Most Slept On

BenL

Just copped Beat Konducta and the unseen and Madvillainy.....

What's his next upcoming projects...anything about Madvillain sophomore album?

Why isn't this guy mainstream!!??!!?? Or should we be happy he isn't?

BTW Thanks to Planet Hitz for the scratch mag. article...i don't have a lot of the older issues and it was a good read...he posted it awhile back...

LOL Madlib doesn't WANT to be mainstream. He's fine where he's at.

Ik, but he deserves more money than these self proclaimed "crack/gangster/drug" dealers....And people could use real hip hop in mainstream music today...

Madlib dose it for the love of the music, nothing else...He has put out so much ish under different personas under Stone Throw cuz he isnt looking for the fame....
Otis Jackson Jr.,
Quasimoto,
Yesterday New Quintet
<==== all Madlib

And I want to be right where he at, just doing it because that's what I want, not because I wanna make big figures... I think we never just sit back to listen to the music, because we always in a ruch to the top, tryin to get that paper and and that good s***, that we forget the quality of what we are doing, and who we let spit on our instrumentals...props to Madlib though

Madlib's style is not always accessible...its an acquired taste. I'd rather him stay underground with his current style. He gets alot of props as is anyway.

We should not only be happy, but REJOICE that this guy isn't mainstream!

wishful thinking...better learn to manage ur money wisely cuz underground still makes "average citizen"-type income

Stown Throw is an Indie label also, so the artist gets a higher % per album then they would get under a major, so i wouldn't say that he aint getting paid...He has lot of music out there....Don't forget about the Shades of Blue <=== Blue Note gave Madlib full access to the there Jazz catolog...And he is still collecting checks from the joints he did for the Liks, Cali Agents, Loot Pack, and a lot more....Basiclly, he aint broke.

The Beat Konducta sucked lol! I know i'ma get bombed on for sayin that but i honestly thought it was horrible, just my opinion.

Y'all that are feelin him, what are some of his best beats so i can check him out a bit more?

SP

It's not that kind of music that you just "blast out the speakers and bounce in the whip" to straight away. It's like, you gotta give it time to absorb into you, and not like an annoying single thats played round the clock till it's drilled into your head. At fist I just thought The Beat Konducta was really boring but then like a month later I went to it and listened again and I really liked it.

If you want me to reccommend something... Jaylib.

Jaylib i haven't given a fair chance yet...i listened to it and wasn't feeling it too much, but im waiting for the reissue to come out

lib is one of the coolest mu****as ive had the pleasure of meeting. we know some of the same people thru a circle friends. maybe my biggest inspiration.

go to stonesthrow .com for updates...

up next supreme team his collabo with kareem riggins

beat konducta vol. 3 in india (all indian samples)

madlib remixes 97-07

did yall hear that each member of ynq has started a new group?

^^ lol that's some crazy stuff

btw did anyone pick up the mixtape or sumthin he did recently with Kweli? I heard about it but never got much info other than there was one. What's it like?

I bet Madlib is a cool dude. My homie met Hi-Tek says he the nicest cat you'll ever meet in this industry.

LIBERATION IS THE TRUTH!!! THE TRUTH!!

YNQ confuses me a bit lol
I did hear they all started separate bands and "broke up"
YNQ is fictional band correct?

yeah it would be a dream to be where he's at. just make music for a livin and chill. plus he's got the freedom to do whatever projects he wants. i think that out of all of my fav. producers, im more like madlib because of the different style he can do

Back