Look What I Scored For .99 Cents!!!!!

kontak80

I Moderate FP and shyt
AT THE THRIFT STORE!!! Collecters Edition...circa 1984...colored vinyl! I bought this last friday and didnt even peep this til just now. Im scared to sample from it. I probably wont.

Side 1
MVC-298F.jpg

Side 2
MVC-299F.jpg

THATS DOPE!!!

you gonna have many good samples to flip with that record :victory:

i have a dolly parton record kinda like that with the coloring on it and what not it looks dope

Damn, that shyt is fly. Im jealous, and I don't even have a record player or turntables.

In '86 I had a Wham vinyl with a picture inside it. I got curious and broke it open. I wish my mom stopped me.

I'll give you you 2 bucks for it thats 100% profit!! or is it 200%? nah nice find is there a good collectible value to it?

7thSense said:
I'll give you you 2 bucks for it thats 100% profit!! or is it 200%? nah nice find is there a good collectible value to it?

Im not sure. But I just remember Just Blaze talking about this piece of colored vinyl(purple) that he had and how exclusive it was. They used to press only a few up supposedly.

You got yourself a good deal. I got me a couple classic records for $1.00 at the flea market in great shape. I got the RUN DMC raising hell, Big Daddy Kane, and much more. I'm in the process of right now getting everything organized.

kontak80 said:
AT THE THRIFT STORE!!! Collecters Edition...circa 1984...colored vinyl! I bought this last friday and didnt even peep this til just now. Im scared to sample from it. I probably wont.

I'd be scared to even play it man.....

Every record for sale at that thrift store was .99 cents. They had some gems but I only had 20 bucks at the time, so i only bought 20. Im going back up there and picking up another 30 of them. All of them were in excellent condition.

dude thats SIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK, yea id be a afaid to open it lol BUT if ur gonna listen to it at leaste once then make sure u record that WHOLE reacord lol i would might as well kill 2 brids and one stone if im doing it once lol [/color]

i have some colored vinyl and picture vinyl as well..

this is picture vinyl by the way, not just simple colored vinyl (colored vinyl is simly one color)

and for this price it's mos def a good deal

congrats

oh yeah: don't worry, most picture/color vinyl are not worth that much more than the regular one, so you could play them without having to worry to lose an enormous amount of money ;)

of course this always depends on how much the actual buyer is willing to pay, and there sure are some stupid/weird people out there ;)

i guess what just blaze was talking about was already a rare item in regular vinyl..

and if you have colored/picture vinyl of records that are already rare as regulars, of course those would be extra rare and collectors items ;)

baggysound said:
i have some colored vinyl and picture vinyl as well..

this is picture vinyl by the way, not just simple colored vinyl (colored vinyl is simly one color)

and for this price it's mos def a good deal

congrats

oh yeah: don't worry, most picture/color vinyl are not worth that much more than the regular one, so you could play them without having to worry to lose an enormous amount of money ;)

of course this always depends on how much the actual buyer is willing to pay, and there sure are some stupid/weird people out there ;)

i guess what just blaze was talking about was already a rare item in regular vinyl..

and if you have colored/picture vinyl of records that are already rare as regulars, of course those would be extra rare and collectors items ;)

Im not too concerned about the monetary value of this. Its just that I have recently grown this deep fascination of vinyl collecting. Im not new to sampling but usually its wav's or MP3's. To score this rare piece is amazing to me.

kontak80 said:

Im not too concerned about the monetary value of this. Its just that I have recently grown this deep fascination of vinyl collecting. Im not new to sampling but usually its wav's or MP3's. To score this rare piece is amazing to me.

yeah, i know that feeling..

even if my picture/colored vinyl may not be worth that much on the public market it's still valuable for myself as a vinyl collector ;)

i figured you would hold on to it. just thought on the other hand with the michael jackson trial his memorabilia may be going for a lot higher than usual

14 track picture disc pressing = nasty sound quality. Honestly, I wouldn't be sweating the collectability of it, or the music contained in the grooves. It looks like some 80's K-TEL jawn they would've sold in the supermarket for $1.99. Couple of good pop songs, though, give 'em their due.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back