is rock music dead

There are more big acts in rock who are making money. But the NYC market just lost it's only rock radio station. I found that alarming. Maybe the radio stuff isn't for me, but it would be nice if rock radio was still around for potential new fans. There's nowhere on my dial to even hear Incubus. Sure, people can find their music online, but if some people don't even know who to look for, they may get discouraged.

Satellite radio!

It's very sad that so many bands don't get the credit they deserve these days. I love rock music.

Me too. The shows are so fun to go too.
haha the shows are straight up madness! lol especially when beer gets spilled on the mosh pit, people falling all over the place. ha and random crowd surfers kicking you in the head. And the random guy that gets carried out of the pit.

Lol oh metal/hardcore shows . So delightfully dangerous

Dead? hmm...Perhaps music is going in circles like clothes fashion? I am hoping this, cause I really love the 80s Rock Music! =)

//Mike

In my opinion, rock never dies.. as simple as that. Even though if we listen to same old stuff, but hey.. it's still rock and can be listened to at anytime, some good rock music is never outdated.

In my opinion, rock never dies.. as simple as that. Even though if we listen to same old stuff, but hey.. it's still rock and can be listened to at anytime, some good rock music is never outdated.

You could say that about any genre, though. But just like any genre over time, it gets watered down and the fans stop buying it. With the exception of some college stations, I haven't heard a guitar on the radio in NYC in months... maybe longer. Maybe some looped riff in a pop song, but that's about it.

You could say that about any genre, though. But just like any genre over time, it gets watered down and the fans stop buying it. With the exception of some college stations, I haven't heard a guitar on the radio in NYC in months... maybe longer. Maybe some looped riff in a pop song, but that's about it.

Couldn't agree more there. But if you check on iTunes radio streaming, rock genre is still kicking there. With the help from twitter, song requests came from all over the world. And it goes to almost all high profile rock stations in iTunes.

I will talk on reality the rock music is not dead but the listeners are very few and decreasing day by day due to the bad performance and making level.So there must be some innovation in this.

Rock music will never die...it's all about the artist who compose it. The beauty in making music is to start the next big trend in whatever music you are dealing with :)

heavy metal still runs strong but yeah mainstream goes uncensored with sex-sells moto on commercial, nobody banned Lady Gaga... but MTV banned Pantera in the 90s. Thanks Clintons.

Back