I LOVE making music, BUT ...

BONBEAT

I've been in this loop for a long time where I make shit ton of music, keeping it to myself because I still can't decide whether I have the guts to pursue this as a career.
I've pretty much never cared about feedback because I was just having fun experimenting as a kid with my friends at that time, making beats/songs and shit
but I'm a grown up now and I feel I have to make a critical decision at this point. I'm a self-taught musician/bedroom producer, I can't imagine one day of my life ever without making music
BUT I'm very comfortable with what I make and its becoming pretty boring for me.
I need ppl to critique my music and tell me their honest opinion.
i've never been an active member in a producers community and I want to expose myself finally.
Any feedback/advice from fellow producers i'd appreciate a lot! Please excuse my English since it's not my native language.
I just started uploading recently on my new YouTube channel, i promise to be consistent!
Please feel free to subscribe and drop your links bellow as well! Lets elevate each other!

I think your music is fantastic. You have legit talent. It's my opinion that you can largely forget about a career with this though. Not because you are not good enough or anything like that but because there's not that much of a career to be had out there. There is a trance act that is rather well known that i will not name that, for their last 3 studio albums, has had to resort to gofundme to raise the money to produce. They have regularly been on top 40 playlists and play giant festivals all around the world. There just is no money in making studio tracks at all. So that leaves touring as your best bet for actually paying the bills. If you become really well known with a large international fanbase you can, indeed, make a decent living. But the very moment you stop touring the income vanishes. You can never be sitting in your home and catching a check at the same time. That might seem just fine right now but what if you have a kid someday? You can't be gone all the time like that and if you've invested many years as a touring artist that means that you haven't been investing that time in some alternative career and then you're stuck with no ability to continue the career you have and too late to really start another.
Alternatively, you can work a day job and keep your music for you. You can release your music or not as you like. You can make exactly the type of music you want to make without considering whether it's digestible by others.
Just some things to think about.

I think your music is fantastic. You have legit talent. It's my opinion that you can largely forget about a career with this though. Not because you are not good enough or anything like that but because there's not that much of a career to be had out there. There is a trance act that is rather well known that i will not name that, for their last 3 studio albums, has had to resort to gofundme to raise the money to produce. They have regularly been on top 40 playlists and play giant festivals all around the world. There just is no money in making studio tracks at all. So that leaves touring as your best bet for actually paying the bills. If you become really well known with a large international fanbase you can, indeed, make a decent living. But the very moment you stop touring the income vanishes. You can never be sitting in your home and catching a check at the same time. That might seem just fine right now but what if you have a kid someday? You can't be gone all the time like that and if you've invested many years as a touring artist that means that you haven't been investing that time in some alternative career and then you're stuck with no ability to continue the career you have and too late to really start another.
Alternatively, you can work a day job and keep your music for you. You can release your music or not as you like. You can make exactly the type of music you want to make without considering whether it's digestible by others.
Just some things to think about.
I appreciate your honest opinion and your comment so much! This is something I was thinking about a lot lately and you just summed up everything in perfect order for me! Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

Back