Grand Sage of Songwriting
Lately I have seen WAY TOO MANY “newbies” who have NO CLUE of the magnitude of the journey they are about embark on when they enter into the realm of music production. Thus I am offering these 10 Newbie Commandments as a Guideline of what steps should be followed before one considers purchasing Studio/Recording equipment.
Ten “Newbie” Commandments
- Thou Shalt “LEARN ABOUT MIDI”
- Thou Shalt “READ THY MANUALS”
- Thou Shalt “LEARN ABOUT CABLES”
- Thou Shalt “RESEARCH THY GEAR BEFORE BUYING”
- Thou Shalt “PRACTICE THY CRAFT”
- Thou Shalt “RESIST THE URGE TO BUY ON IMPULSE”
- Thou Shalt “BEWARE OF FALSE PROPHETS" (SALES PEOPLE)
- Thou Shalt “CONTINUALLY SEEK KNOWLEDGE”
- Thou Shalt “PROTECT THY EARS" (HEARING)
- Thou Shalt “REMAIN HUMBLE”
The race goes not to the SWIFT, nor to the STRONG, but to he that ENDURETH FOREVER!
Last edited by a moderator: