Hustling them video's

B

Bondizzo

Hi me and my boys are almost done with our dvd which we'll drop with our mixtape (thats about 120mins of footage). I'll have filmbaby sell it on thier site so that you guys in america can check it out.

We made a quick video this weekend, shot it withing 2 hours , most of the time we were looking for spots where we could shoot without getting into trouble.

Check it Out
http://www.demcrackboys.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=31&Itemid=2

Last edited by a moderator:
dont you need permits and stuff ? In america I hear they strict

I don't know for sure what all you need to shoot videos besides a camera. But, I do know that there are some books that probably break it down for us on Amazon.com

Bondizzo said:
dont you need permits and stuff ? In america I hear they strict

Well, yes and no. If you have a crew, and the crew isn't your family, then someone is liable in case of an injury or damage to property. And there are laws regarding parking, stopped traffic and the like. You need liability coverage if your brother isn't shooting. Otherwise, you could lose your house, or your car, or your rig, or all of the above...

If you film on *private* property and get a release form signed from the owner, and you're not violating local noise laws, you should be fine regarding permits in most places. Still, the private property owner is liable for any damage and injuries there and if he's smart he'll make you get insurance to cover any damage/injuries during your shoot.

Once you move onto public property, though, you really should get the permit or you risk getting busted by one of the nation's finest. If you get the permit, then they can give you police coverage, block off streets and whatnot, but you have to have typically $1,000,000 in business liability coverage to do it. This kind of liability coverage is pretty standard in the business world and protects you against getting sued when stupid happens (and it will - remember Michael Jackson's Pepsi videothe one where his hair caught on fire?. That kind of set stupidity is why you or the video producer needs insurance.)

So, really, the goverment is making sure *they* don't get stuck with a legal bill if you are careless on the set on their property. That's why you need the permit. It's really due diligence on their part. There are also issues with damaging sensitive wildlife areas if you decide to get back to nature when you shoot.

Other than that, I think goverments like having videos shot as it improves the local economy and generates buzz they can hoot about.

trezza said:
Well, yes and no. If you have a crew, and the crew isn't your family, then someone is liable in case of an injury or damage to property. And there are laws regarding parking, stopped traffic and the like. You need liability coverage if your brother isn't shooting. Otherwise, you could lose your house, or your car, or your rig, or all of the above...

If you film on *private* property and get a release form signed from the owner, and you're not violating local noise laws, you should be fine regarding permits in most places. Still, the private property owner is liable for any damage and injuries there and if he's smart he'll make you get insurance to cover any damage/injuries during your shoot.

Once you move onto public property, though, you really should get the permit or you risk getting busted by one of the nation's finest. If you get the permit, then they can give you police coverage, block off streets and whatnot, but you have to have typically $1,000,000 in business liability coverage to do it. This kind of liability coverage is pretty standard in the business world and protects you against getting sued when stupid happens (and it will - remember Michael Jackson's Pepsi videothe one where his hair caught on fire?. That kind of set stupidity is why you or the video producer needs insurance.)

So, really, the goverment is making sure *they* don't get stuck with a legal bill if you are careless on the set on their property. That's why you need the permit. It's really due diligence on their part. There are also issues with damaging sensitive wildlife areas if you decide to get back to nature when you shoot.

Other than that, I think goverments like having videos shot as it improves the local economy and generates buzz they can hoot about.

thanks for the insight, we just shooting straight off a handheld HD Camera so its basically point and shoot, and we not disturbing business or anyone, and we dont have scripts to follow its just real life tv.

That's the easiest way, really. Kudos to you for keeping it simple.

You can slip into a lot of places, shoot and leave if you go without much equipment. If you follow indie film forums, there's all kinds of filmmakers shooting on the sly with people shooting films without official permission in the strangest places. If someone shows up, the entire crew just disappears. If you have no budget, you almost have to do it that way.

Sometimes cameramen can catch a *lot* of flack for taking pictures. Just remember, if you have the right to stand there, you have the right to take a picture unless it's some top secret military site. Even if you don't have permission to stand there, no one can take the pictures away from you. You can only be charged with trespassing. Some people carry a card explaining this fact to the uninformed, because it's often a problem with police who aren't familiar with the law.

Incidentally, the same law that allows you take a picture of anything is what allows the paparazzi to earn a living plagueing the stars, taking pictures from helicopters, on beachs and sidewalks - that's all public property. So after your next video becomes an international sensation and makes you famous, you may find yourself hating the very law that made you famous in the first place.

Good luck with your video!

that's what I'm saying...^^

there's camera's in banks, in schools, on street corners, in my apartment building, phuckin' everywhere...

and mind you...

I didn't give any of those places the right to film me!!!

so I should be able to film as I please too!!!

the paparzzi example is a good one...

Back