How to get your beats to clip clean?

TriFrEeZe

Can you guys tell me how the heck this guy gets his beats to clip like this?? (FREE) [GUITAR] Rylo Rodriguez x Toosii x NoCap Type Beat 2020 "Synthetic" - YouTube

It's clipping so that is doesn't sound bad, but still adds a lot of crunch, especially when the open hat hits. When I try doing this it kills the sound and when the hat hits it sounds like trash.

Sounds to me like a soft clipper on a drum bus with some kind of saturation.. But I can't pull it off

Last edited:

Rougemont

i think its just a clipped 808 and everything else is clean. I don't hear the guitar getting to fucked by the 808s.

If you want that vibe tho, you could put tube saturation on the master bus or just use a clipper to clip (i use StandardClip)

Detroit Soul

preamp gain. increase the the gain on the input while decreasing the output signal to create harmonic distortion. you can do this with a preamp emulator. your mileage may vary depending on the type of preamp you use.

ChiefBigpeep

I know exactly the sound your looking for.. you wanna put a clip plugin on a open highhat.. these guys are clipping the whole track they are mixing at low volume and clipping their mix bus then on the master you add a limiter to flatten the rest of the track