How should I sell a hook for song? How to pick a price?

How much do you sell custom exclusive beats for?

• $50 - $200

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • $200 - $500

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • $500 - $800

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $800+

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Blackmoore5050

Magic Maker
I have an acapella that I give to some EDM producers to use, non-commercially, on their songs. One producer emailed me asking to buy the acapella to use as a hook on beats that he leases and sells, like on SoundClick. I'm pretty sure he's going to want exclusive rights to the acapella. I'm really not sure how much to sell it for. Any advice, tips, price examples, or suggestions when it comes to selling acapellas and hooks to beat distributors?

Most of the time I see singers sell acapellas for $200 when they're custom made... I'd suggest $200-$500 for custom made acapellas and hooks that are well-mixed

I'd suggest $25-$100 for premade hook packs. That's a good price range for hobbyists who can't afford $200+ hooks

Most of the time I see singers sell acapellas for $200 when they're custom made... I'd suggest $200-$500 for custom made acapellas and hooks that are well-mixed

I'd suggest $25-$100 for premade hook packs. That's a good price range for hobbyists who can't afford $200+ hooks

I think he is wasting his time though Trump. If its already out there and being used for free it'd be a waste of time to exclusively sell it to anyone else unless you own distribution rights. Copyright only does so much but if you want money for each sale here on out you are going to have to get distribution. And don't give exclusive rights unless people are talking big dollars. Instead, license them to sell it and get a cut whether its royalties or a lump sum for a time span that both parties agree on. And yo I want to hear those vocals lol.

When you say pre made packs are you talking about more than one hook created?
Sorry I know i just searched this topic and this forum popped up haha this seems to be super old post! But I’m new to hook writing and I have a hook that a hardstyle edm producer wants to buy for $45.00
And since I have new to the scene I figured selling it exclusively for that just to build relationship would be a good idea, I’d retain credit on the top line and the lyrics but they would have rights to distribute type of thing?

Back