hiphop is not only about music, rap,(for mindblunt)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcjinpal

mind blunt asked what is the goal of hiphop? but there is no one answer to that as any kind of music does not exist in order to achieve something. its just there for people
hiphop is not only a music, but its a culture and life.
living hiphop is all about how you think, how you act, what you eat, what you listen to, its basically a life.

hiphop culture is formed from hundreds of years ago, it expresses black's fury and anger they had to suffer from whites, being slaves, descrimination and stuff. music was one way to express their fury, rapping powerfully and violently instead of singing, erupting like a volcanoe.

what is the goal of hiphop? well, there is no need for any goal to be achieved. hiphop is a history of blacks, true MCs are able to reflect their true feelings and fury, and deliver messages to audience. rappers well communicating with the audience is better than rappers with just good skills.

hiphop is not about players, pimps, hustlers, money and sex. I feel really sorry that hiphop is heading the wrong way from its origin.

eminem is not hiphop. he's just a retard faking hiphop

[Edited by mcjinpal on 02-23-2001 at 11:55 PM]

What an absolute load of pants. The four corners of Hip Hop are breakdancing, beatboxing, djing and rapping, and graffiti. Forget all the political crap about black and white WHO CARES, Hip Hop is a result of the need for expression, not a result of greed and oppression.

P.S i'd like to hear you rapping if you think Eminem is poor, O.k he hasn't got the speed of Busta Rhymes but his lyrics really mean somthing, which is rare thesedays. Dissing him because he's white (which is what you seem to be doing) is about as lame as you can get. Keep it real.

I don't understand why skin seems to bother some people about music. When you hear a new song that you've never heard before on the radio, you have no clue what he looks like. And let's say you like the song. But then find out he's a russian rapper, your probably gonna start dissin him. The only difference in humans is in the mind, not the pigments in our skin.

I never said I dislike Eminem because he's white you misunderstood me, I just don't think he's real that's all
p.s I am a white myself why would I be racist?

[Edited by mcjinpal on 02-26-2001 at 09:32 PM]

I think mcjinpal needs to stop reading The Source and pick up Bomb The Suburbs.. eminem may be hip hop.. he used to be hip hop for sure... i hope his teaming up with dre doesnt turn him towards rap crap but so far he's done well even with his success. hip hop is not a way of life... it is a hobby, it is somthing that should be used to enhance your way of living not a way you live. those who choose to "live" hip hop useually A) Dont live very long B) End up leaving it behind all together. Hip Hop started out as a fun method of expressing ones emotions through 4 principle mediums.. Brakin, Bombin, MC'in and DJ'in as stated above.. political ideals and beliefs have been interlaced with hip hop through groups as KRS ONE and PE as everyone knows but it is not the reason it got started and not the reason most of us got into it... i think everyone should realize this.. leave the poor Master P rap fans alone, whatever floats they boat, we should instead celibrate the tru hip hop artists out there, Dead Prez, Mos Def, Talib, Choclair, Moka, Iskhan the list goes on and on.. Eminem is still Hip Hop and lets all hope he stays that way... like ive said b4 give rap to the gangsta's and leave hip hop to the scholars... peace

I dont know how many of you reading this are in the UK but if you are try and get hold of a Birmingham based magazine called FATBOSS. Really good i thought, hope it is still in publication.

P.S. skin colour does bother me, i really need a tan....it's bloody cold here, i was thinking about Cyprus, nice one

Thanks Halesie, nice comment... peace

Shiftyp where can u get FATBOSS from,also where are u from, im from wolverhampton and ur right about the weather it was snowing here the other day.

Wuurrllveerramptuunn!!!!!!!

HALESIE, REPRAZENTIN THE WOLVES MASSIVE EH!!! I live just the other side of Telford my man, go to College in Wellington. Small world eh??

I really dont know where you can buy Fatboss from, but you can try the little record store in the Custard Factory, Digbeth Birmingham. I got a copy when i went to the Fresh 2000 there, which you should most definately come to this year. All the best beatboxers (Kila Kella), breakdancers (theSinStars), the ITF Championships and some brilliant graffiti from artists from all over the UK. Its a top event and i'll make sure to keep everyone posted when it is closer to the date, (around August.)

Hey, do you go to that Mezanine much? Never been as i tend to go to Brum, is it any good? DJ Rap there couple of weeks ago, might have been good. Anyway, nice to hear from a member of the Midlands massive! Peace mate....

shiftyp, telfords only just down the road so u aint that far from me, yeah ive bin 2 the mezzanine,its just down the road from the untouchables,it about 1mile away from the centre of wolves but its a proper bangin night, theres 2 rooms 1 of them is the big main room and the other is small room at the back but it as sum good tunez in there,when there r guests there they open upstairs up so really its adecent size club, theres everythin inside and u can get hold of anything u want so u can make ur night as good as u want. have u ever been 2 atlantis up wolves, afew of my mates have been there and said its not bad.
what clubs do u go 2 and where?

Cheers for info Halesie, maybe i'll pop up someday.

The clubs i tend to go to are:

The Mass-St Matthews Church-Brixton
Bar Rumba-Shaftsbury Avenue-Central London
The Ministry Bar-Broad Street-Birmingham
The Medicine Bar-Digbeth-Birmingham
Fabric-London (Northish, but tend to go on tube so not too sure about that one-Pentonville Road or something)

I think i am going to start up a new thread about this in electronic music, so have a look, i'm more of a D&B head than Hip Hop to tell the truth.

Anyway, keep in touch Halesie. Cheers

mcjinpal said:
mind blunt asked what is the goal of hiphop? but there is no one answer to that as any kind of music does not exist in order to achieve something. its just there for people
hiphop is not only a music, but its a culture and life.
living hiphop is all about how you think, how you act, what you eat, what you listen to, its basically a life.

hiphop culture is formed from hundreds of years ago, it expresses black's fury and anger they had to suffer from whites, being slaves, descrimination and stuff. music was one way to express their fury, rapping powerfully and violently instead of singing, erupting like a volcanoe.

what is the goal of hiphop? well, there is no need for any goal to be achieved. hiphop is a history of blacks, true MCs are able to reflect their true feelings and fury, and deliver messages to audience. rappers well communicating with the audience is better than rappers with just good skills.

hiphop is not about players, pimps, hustlers, money and sex. I feel really sorry that hiphop is heading the wrong way from its origin.

eminem is not hiphop. he's just a retard faking hiphop

[Edited by mcjinpal on 02-23-2001 at 11:55 PM]

I agree with you man. Hip-Hop is headed the wrong way, but then again? What isnt. Everyone is headed the wrong way? But whose to say the wrong way isnt the right way? Or whose to say the right way isnt the wrong way? So if everyone is heading the wrong way, they are heading the right way?

QTP.

Jos

Jos said:

I agree with you man. Hip-Hop is headed the wrong way, but then again? What isnt. Everyone is headed the wrong way? But whose to say the wrong way isnt the right way? Or whose to say the right way isnt the wrong way? So if everyone is heading the wrong way, they are heading the right way?

QTP.

Jos

I swear you should change your name to Aristotle.

Jos said:

QTP.

Jos

a headf7cking and very very annoying subject.

Dj KontinuancE said:
hip hop is not a way of life... it is a hobby, it is somthing that should be used to enhance your way of living not a way you live.

yo man, i think you kinda contradicted your self there. if you practice the art of HipHop and it enhances your life, then you are living HipHop. Its like saying i meditate alot and i found it has made me a calmer person since i practice it alot, but its not a way of life. No way! If you practice it, you live it!

I personally, since being into HipHop for so many years, have become more spiritual, aware and continually strive for self improvement. Things which the founders of the culture have constantly tried to push.

Being into the HipHop culture I belive has made me a better person!

PEACE AND HIPHOP!

Last edited by a moderator:
Jos said:

But whose to say the wrong way isnt the right way? Or whose to say the right way isnt the wrong way?

QTP.

Jos
ME!

If everything was vise versa, the right way would be to eliminate all living creatures on earth including your self.

Now that can't be the right way.

Dj KontinuancE said:
I think mcjinpal needs to stop reading The Source and pick up Bomb The Suburbs.. eminem may be hip hop.. he used to be hip hop for sure... i hope his teaming up with dre doesnt turn him towards rap crap but so far he's done well even with his success. hip hop is not a way of life... it is a hobby, it is somthing that should be used to enhance your way of living not a way you live. those who choose to "live" hip hop useually A) Dont live very long B) End up leaving it behind all together. Hip Hop started out as a fun method of expressing ones emotions through 4 principle mediums.. Brakin, Bombin, MC'in and DJ'in as stated above.. political ideals and beliefs have been interlaced with hip hop through groups as KRS ONE and PE as everyone knows but it is not the reason it got started and not the reason most of us got into it... i think everyone should realize this.. leave the poor Master P rap fans alone, whatever floats they boat, we should instead celibrate the tru hip hop artists out there, Dead Prez, Mos Def, Talib, Choclair, Moka, Iskhan the list goes on and on.. Eminem is still Hip Hop and lets all hope he stays that way... like ive said b4 give rap to the gangsta's and leave hip hop to the scholars... peace

AGREED!!

PS Way to give Choc, and Moka their props. They're both so so underrated.

Paper Chaser said:
ME!

If everything was vise versa, the right way would be to eliminate all living creatures on earth including your self.

Now that can't be the right way.

thats assuming that now the right way is to conserve every living creature on earth,which a great deal of people dont think (including me,i like bacon)i think pretty much everyone thinks that there morals should be the norm and are rational.from george bush to the dali lama to osama bin laden,everyone thinks they're right.not all of them can be right,but then this suggests that there are no "right" or absolute morals,if there are i cant think of any.and this in turn leads to acts which are pretty much taken to be wrong (the holocaust)and that is where it gets really frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back