Hi .. music on computers

Devic

hi guys .. i am new here and i make music on my computer. I use trackers, rebirth, sound forge, and fruity loops.

i was looking for some info on how to DJ using the computer.
i got lot of mp3s. i want to DJ with my comp. what software should i download? and will my SB AWE64 do. or i need another suondcard.

thanks in advance.

mmhhh.. did you try MJ Studio yet? it is reviewed here:
http://www.onlinedj.com/articles/reviews/mjstudio/page1.shtml

and mmhh.. I have a friend who is a chief programmer at one of the huge software companies you know.. and he told me that a DJ software similar to MJ studio but MUCH better, and much better than any other DJ software... I think it will be a great one really... I don't have any date, and I can't reveal much.

Anyway, you will have fun. try MJ Studio for now
take care, see you around

and by the way.. you don't need another soundcard. With DirectX devices, you can play everything on a same sound channel

hey .. i tried MJ Studio .. it works great. But, one thing missing is the sampler option. How do i put in fx and other samples? ..
maybe, i could hook the comp to the mixer.. and also, hook a mic to the mixer..

This is not possible within MJ Studio... see.. mixing doesn't really mean composing.. and "samples" is a word used more in composing than mixing. Some CD players label a button "sampling" but it is really just a "realtime loop" thing..

yeah .. you got the point.. i meant, load a loop in real time and fidle around with it..
is there such an option in MJ Studio? i did fiddle around with MJ Studio, but i did not come over such a feature..

Back