Hi .. music on computers

Devic

hi guys .. i am new here and i make music on my computer. I use trackers, rebirth, sound forge, and fruity loops.

i was looking for some info on how to DJ using the computer.
i got lot of mp3s. i want to DJ with my comp. what software should i download? and will my SB AWE64 do. or i need another suondcard.

thanks in advance.

mano 1

Founder
Staff member
mmhhh.. did you try MJ Studio yet? it is reviewed here:
http://www.onlinedj.com/articles/reviews/mjstudio/page1.shtml

and mmhh.. I have a friend who is a chief programmer at one of the huge software companies you know.. and he told me that a DJ software similar to MJ studio but MUCH better, and much better than any other DJ software... I think it will be a great one really... I don't have any date, and I can't reveal much.

Anyway, you will have fun. try MJ Studio for now
take care, see you around

mano 1

Founder
Staff member
and by the way.. you don't need another soundcard. With DirectX devices, you can play everything on a same sound channel

Devic

hey .. i tried MJ Studio .. it works great. But, one thing missing is the sampler option. How do i put in fx and other samples? ..
maybe, i could hook the comp to the mixer.. and also, hook a mic to the mixer..

mano 1

Founder
Staff member
This is not possible within MJ Studio... see.. mixing doesn't really mean composing.. and "samples" is a word used more in composing than mixing. Some CD players label a button "sampling" but it is really just a "realtime loop" thing..

Devic

yeah .. you got the point.. i meant, load a loop in real time and fidle around with it..
is there such an option in MJ Studio? i did fiddle around with MJ Studio, but i did not come over such a feature..