Hi guys, can I get some advice on my track?

Exhale

I am new to these forums, but I have been making digital music for more than half my life, since the dos days, using tracking software.
I am confident with my compositions skills, but I am without a doubt flawed at the mixing stuff and have been from day one, I do my best and watch some tutorials on youtube etc, but I never seem to get much better, so I am wondering if I can ask guys here for some mixing advice as I go through the process.. and I will upload newer versions as we go along and you can tell me if I have implemented your advice properly (I will add screenshots of the various vsts and other more exact information that you request)...
So I will start off with the basic information.
I use Open Modplug Tracker as my 'daw' and I use audacity to record, please dont tell me to use other software, this is the software I know, and am comfortable with, besides open modplug tracker uses VSTs (not vst3) I can add any recording, I can add soundfonts, and I can hook up any midi device I have tried so far... and since I know my software, I know how to do most things you know how to do in your software in it.
When it comes to vsts and samples and stuff, I generally use free stuff, or record my own playing on piano or guitar, or I do my own singing.
Song info:
Grapple Hook, 150bpm, I am not fussy about genres but I think this is: psy-trance/goa, I will give you guys an ogg vorbis if that is ok, and I will post a link to the file on my google drive.

The song is not finished, I am planning on adding singing to it, I have the words, notes and pacing worked out already, but of course vocals is a whole other kettle of fish; and I have already made a very minor change since I exported this one, but nothing with the mixing, so this will serve as a good example of where I am at the moment.

Final thought : I hope it is ok to ask for advice here, if this is better suited to another part of the forum, and you are a mod, please feel free to move it, or I could copy and paste the initial post I am making right now to the other thread.
And thank you for your time :)

Back