help with my room

Fantas

hi, I have a pair of Yamaha studio monitors but i think i have no bass because of my room!
i Want to change HS8 for the KRK RP8 G4 because i can't put my monitors 1.5 m from walls behind...
Can you help-me ? it's a good decision ?
this is my room

if I sit on the drums I like the sound of the monitors more...

Attachments

• estudio.jpg
    estudio.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_20201005_135935.jpg
    IMG_20201005_135935.jpg
    519.1 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_20201005_135953.jpg
    IMG_20201005_135953.jpg
    495.3 KB · Views: 32
I can’t see the pictures for what ever reason but bass traps should work. You can make them yourself pretty cheap and they’ll keep the bass from bouncing all around the room creating standing waves. If you don’t have a way of making them, grab some insulation from a local supplier and pop them in the corners while still wrapped up in the bags and see if that helps at all.

For now perhaps. I have a similar issue, my room is tiny (literally a 2 meters by 2 meters box) and I've got 8" M-Audios, they've got a bass setting on the back but they're so loud they have to be turned to low. can't wait to move out and actually benefit from them properly, don't damage your hearing though!

For now perhaps. I have a similar issue, my room is tiny (literally a 2 meters by 2 meters box) and I've got 8" M-Audios, they've got a bass setting on the back but they're so loud they have to be turned to low. can't wait to move out and actually benefit from them properly, don't damage your hearing though!
I think it is impossible to organize a decent studio in such a small room.

Changing monitors won't help. First I would move your desk in front of the window. You usually want your speakers firing down the longer part of the room.

The amount of bass trapping you would need to fix that is too much. It's not feasible. You should get a demo of Sonsrworks 4, and buy a measurement mic for $30. Sonarworks may help reduce the bass bass problems you hear.l and its not that expensive.

Back