Help royalty question. Got greenlighted for getty images music.

BeenJammin

Hey so i just green lighted for getty images music portal. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with them before and how succesful its been for them?

But my main question is about their performace royalty fee waiver that they have in their agreement. Which almost seems like i am waiving my royalty payment for anytime one of my songs might be played. Has anyone ever dealt with a performance royalty fee waiver and could they explain to me what it is?

Dont have the agreement with me but when i get home il post exactly what it says.

Here's the clause. any and all help will be greatly appreciated.
1.3 Mechanical License; Performance Royalties Waiver. [FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]You hereby waive (i) any mechanical license fee which might otherwise be payable as the result of any use, including duplication, of all or a part of the Content you submit, by Getty Images, Distributors and/or Clients in connection with auditioning of Accepted Content, and (ii) any performing rights fee which might otherwise be payable as the result of any electronic transfer or transmission or other performance or distribution in connection with an audition of all or a part of the Accepted Content to any Client by Getty Images or its Distributors, or a marketing use of the Accepted Content by Getty Images or its Distributors in accordance with [/FONT][/FONT]Section 1.10 [FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]below; provided, however, that nothing contained in this Agreement shall be deemed to constitute a waiver of any fee which shall become due and payable to the relevant performing or other rights society (e.g, ASCAP, BMI) as the result of any Licensed Use of Accepted Content, unless Getty Images shall have issued a Direct License.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Hey so i just green lighted for getty images music portal. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with them before and how succesful its been for them?

But my main question is about their performace royalty fee waiver that they have in their agreement. Which almost seems like i am waiving my royalty payment for anytime one of my songs might be played. Has anyone ever dealt with a performance royalty fee waiver and could they explain to me what it is?

Dont have the agreement with me but when i get home il post exactly what it says.

I'm not a big fan of clause. Since the rule out I haven't updated my library with them, but still making good money with the current material that's already up. Answer to your question, yes you're waiving royalties.

most of us have throw away instrumentals or instrumentals just sitting around you might as well make some money from it..now if you're doing full song production I wouldn't do it

but for us producers have about 10-20 instrumentals there for Getty Images
and
make more instrumentals for places like PumpAudio and MusicXray,etc...

Here is the catch:

If it is throwaway music,
you will not make any money!

Read more here: http://www.sonicscoop.com/2009/11/2...-dont-mean-a-thing-if-it-aint-got-that-sting/

Last edited by a moderator:
Back