Help me TroubleShoot CubaseVST32

goingtocali

I recently obtained cubase VST32. In configuring the midi sector of cubase I ran into a few problems. I have a standard soundcard that is stock-quality, a Riptide I believe. At first I couldnt get it working. After messing around with the settings in cubase and my Yamaha DJX (not proud of it) I got the metronome to tick out to the DJX, so I knew that cubase was sending MIDI OUT. I try to record on a MIDI track and nothing happens. Now I knew the MIDI IN was still not working, I checked all my connections, and everything seemed fine. I open and close cubase a few times, restarted the DJX and tried again. This time it worked, but ceased to work after about 5 minutes. After the MIDI IN ceased to work, I could still click in notes with my mouse and hear them, and still playback so MIDI OUT was still working. Since then I have been unable to get the MIDI IN to recieve data from my DJX.....this confuses me because I open up a different MIDI sequencer that i have and it works, although the MIDI IN shuts off periodically. I am at this point convinced it is my MIDI cable, sometimes my DJX will play all sounds with a phat delay thats not supposed to be there, but makes everything so much better. So what do you all think, Bad MIDI Cable ??? Or am I just a ignorant individual. Also, what is the deal with LM-9 and Neon in VST, how do I use them, do I play them with a MIDI keyboard like a SoftSynth?? Thanks for all the help

PEaCe

Back