Status
Not open for further replies.

slanteyez

Battle Champion :-)
FP Flip This Battle vol. 2

Rules

Entering the battle

1. You may enter only one beat.
  2. Entry beat must mainly consist of the sample material provided. Other than having a provided sample act the main part, there are no restrictions so do what you feel like doing.
  3. Maximum length of the beat is 1:30 (1 min 30 sec).
  4. Entering the battle happens by posting a Soundcloud link or player in this thread. So no Soundclick, Youtube, DivShare etc. Soundcloud only!
  5. Entry will be closed on Sunday March 16th 9pm my time (GMT+13).

Voting

1. Voting will happen in a new thread.
  2. Only battle participants can vote.
  3. And all battle participants MUST vote. Not voting results in disqualification. Again, there will be a time limit of a week or so to cast your vote.
  4. We are not using the built in poll system. Instead, every battle participant will pick their top 3. First will get three points, second gets two points and third one point. All votes must go to other participants, so no self-voting. Points will be calculated in the end.

The winner will set up the next battle by copy-pasting the rules, picking new samples, setting new time limits and starting a new thread. The winner may also take part in the next battle so getting to choose the samples is somewhat a home field advantage.

FP admins will add the winner of the battle to a new exclusive usergroup declaring him/her as a champion. It will be visible below your screen name instead of "Registered User" unless you have set a custom one in profile settings.

Samples:

Last edited:
you can use all three samples

This. You can use all three but you don't have to. You are within the rules just as long the sample material that was provided is playing the main role in your beat. And the material is the songs provided in this thread. So take a bit from here and there or just use one song, it's up to you.

Last edited:
Can i add a lead or pad to the sample ? ( Is that against the rules ? )

rule nr. 2 "Entry beat must mainly consist of the sample material provided. Other than having a provided sample act the main part, there are no restrictions so do what you feel like doing."

and limit your beat to 1.30 or you will be disqualified again bro

New here also, found out about this contest and had to enter, great idea. Used the second sample, check out my submission
-BK

Last edited:
Why so short on entry dates....??
Can the next one be at least a week or week n a half to get the beat in...??
That would be perfect to get more entries and better entries in...

It just makes it defficult if u work... wanna get ur mix right... and tweak...
-as we all do a lil to much... if its a such thing lls

Last edited:
my bad, didnt realise id set it to only run for 4 days haha, thought 2 weeks wouldve been too long.

anyway flipped that let me ride track:

Come on, y'all. The good thing about the short times is if you miss one, another new one will be up in a few days that you can jump on.

That said I had no time either haha, but I did something real quick just now anyway. Used the third sample:

whoever wins, start it in the Sunday and let it run to the following Sunday - makes it easy to keep them running without flooding the place - i.e. a week on a week off.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back