FP Flip This Battle vol. 1 Voting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jyri

Update: slanteyez is the winner, congrats!

FP Flip This Battle vol. 1 has officially ended and it’s voting time! Altogether we got seven flips with delightful variety of styles. Unfortunately one didn't meet the requirements as it was longer than 1 minute and 30 seconds.

Firstly, just a reminder that only battle participants may vote. And secondly, all battle participants must vote. Those who don’t cast their votes will be disqualified. These rules exist simply to ensure a fair voting.

Time limit for voting: Sunday March 16[SUP]th [/SUP]9pm my time, GMT+2. Preferably everybody votes as soon as possible to get this moving on.

How to vote:
Select your top three beats made by your competitors (no self-voting) and state them clearly by posting on this thread like this:
1. producer8 -> gets 3 points
2. beatmaker3 -> gets 2 points
3. beatsmith5 -> gets 1 point

Commenting and feedback for other participants is naturally welcome as well.

After everybody has voted or the voting time has expired, I will sum up the points and announce the winner. And as I mentioned, the winner will receive a "Champion" usertitle from the admins and also gets to select the next samples and oversee the next battle.

Psalm

Stranac

AM Reflection

slanteyez

Ali T

360Beats

Last edited:
1. Slanteyez - Love the drums dude and nice chops. good job
2. Ali T - Nice beat man. has a nice groove. good job
3. Pslam - some different shit, really interesting drum pattern but way to slow for me lol. good job anyway keep it up

the other beats were nice too but didn't really stand out and Kv_'s beat was too long

1. Slanteyez - Love the drums dude and nice chops. good job
2. Ali T - Nice beat man. has a nice groove. good job
3. Pslam - some different shit, really interesting drum pattern but way to slow for me lol. good job anyway keep it up

the other beats were nice too but didn't really stand out and Kv_'s beat was too long

Completely missed that. The max lenght is 1:30 and we're going to follow the rules so Kv_ is dropped off the voting.

Last edited:
1. 360Beats - Super chill track, I'd love to hear Joey Bada$$ on this!
2. AM Reflection - That melody line is super catchy and it works really well with that vocal sample. The 808 is nice too.
3. Stranac - Those drums are bangin, I like the up tempo feel to it a lot.

So pissed I missed the jump on this battle!! I just noticed it posted earlier today, I gotta keep my eyes open. Dope beats everyone! Hopefully I can hop on the next battle.

1. AM Reflection - Nice chops on sample, also liking the 808 stabs for the bassline, that break near the middle with the sample switch back was cool, transitioned in and out well
2. 360Beats - Mean laid back soundin beat, drums got that gritty boom bap feel to them, smooth as flip overall
3. Stranac- Liking the cutting up of the sample u done on here as well, drums and bass come thru heavy

had some cool entries, woulda been keen to see someone flip that first sample as well

1. Slanteyez

2. Strantac

3. 360Beats

Slanteyez beat really caught my attention, i listened to it like 5 or 6 times lol. clean chops, and that snare was hittin HARD!! good stuff

It was really close between strantac and 360beats for me, it was a hard decision picking between the two. I agree with slanteyez, wish i seen more people sample that first track.

My votes:

1. Ali T - Just a killer, killer groove. It's brilliant.
2. Stranac - Classic style. Love the drum sound on this one.
3. Psalm - Very smooth and atmospheric. I really dig the way the bass moves slow and seamless here.

Good stuff from everyone!

1. Slanteyez - Damn man, sick flip. And those drums are fire . Smokin a J to this.
2. Ali T - Loved the chops you did and the beat have a nice groove.
3. Stranac - I was between Stranac and AM Reflection. What can i say, I'm old school so Stranac nice beat man love those drums.

Good job everyone!!!

Last edited:
Nice to see that everybody was this active during the voting part!

Winner of FP Flip This Battle vol. 1 is slanteyez with 9 points.

Nice job on the flips, really enjoyed listening to them!

cheers for the comments/ feedback everyone :) , will be setting up next battle soon as i find some new samples to throw up,

1. Slanteyez - Dope drums, and awesome flip!
2. Ali T - Greet chops and nice drums!
3. Stranac - Awesome chopping and a really awesome oldschool vibe!

Voting has ended and only those who posted a flip were allowed to vote to ensure a fair voting. All feedback to the people who flipped the samples is more than welcome though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back