FL Studio exporting problem

LilOrange

Hey guys,

I´m having a weird problem. Naimly, when I export my song, and then try to listen to it, the only thing I hear is the instrumental and some backing vocals. There are no lead vocals on the track nor other part of the backing vocals (harmonies)! Why is this happening? I didn´t mute them or anything and it works when I listen to it in FL Studio.

I also have to mention that I have a lot of crackling and is almost imposible to listen to the song in FL Studio (I guess because of my CPU), is that the reason I´m having this issue? How do I fix it?

Thanks! :)

I don't know how to help you with the vocals, but it's not likely to be caused by your CPU.
One hint I can give you with the vocals though, is that there could perhaps be a plugin that lags when exporting the track, making no audio come out from it, so maybe you could try muting one plugin at a time in the chain of the vocals that disappear, until the vocals finally make it to the exported track (especially take a look at thirdparty plugins).

As for your CPU issue on FL, i can help you reduce it. To start, it's called buffer underruns.
How to reduce it:
- The shortest way is to go Options -> Audio Settings, and increase the buffer length (if you're not using ASIO4ALL). The buffer length determines the time your computer has to do its tasks in the program, the longer time you give it, the more delayed your sound gets, but the less CPU issues you get.
- Make sure you have Smart Disabled engaged, this is also located at the Audio Settings. This turns off the process of the sound when it's no longer in use, saving CPU. This will make some tails of a sound suddenly be cut off, but it won't affect the exported track.
- Go to Tools -> Macros, and select Switch Smart Disable For All Plugins. Can't remember exactly what it does, but it has something to with how long the sound is on until Smart Disable acts upon it.
- Make sure you've closed all unnecessary programs.
- Open up the task manager (if you're on Windows), and end unnecessary processes (only do this if you know what you're doing).
- Turn off any Wifi, Bluetooth, etc.
- The hardest one: Upgrade your CPU.

There's one more thing, which isn't a solution, but more of a workaround-thing. Render down, export, or freeze (etc) your tracks that are causing underruns.
That way it won't be as heavy for the computer, since it then only has to process audio files instead of heavy MIDI-data.

Hey thanks a lot! It solved the problem with the crackling!

But, the thing with vocals...maybe I should explain a bit better....I can hear the vocal tracks when I set it to play through ASIO4ALL...but it seems to export the way it sounds on the "Primer Driver" not the way it sounds through ASIO. When I switch to "primer driver" I can´t hear the vocals and that is the problem. Why can´t I hear it? I can´t find any problem really....yet, there is no sound! Please help :(

Another question I have, when I record the vocals in FL Studio they are really quiet, so I have to "normalize" them to make them louder. I don´t have this problem for example in Audacity, can that be fixed?

Thanks a lot to everyone who tries to help, I appreciate it! I´m a really newbie with production and stuff :)

Also, guys, is it possible to put effects only to one part of your track? For example, I have the verses and choruses recorded on one track, put I would like to put the chorus effect only to the chorus. It seems not to be possible to mark only the chorus and route it to another mixer, or is it?
It seems like when I add effects, it adds it to the entire track....

Back