E-mu new line synth proteus 2000 users here

S

Sly-fi

Hey just wanted to start alist for emu's new synths which include the Xtreme Lead 1
B-3
Virtuso 2000
Plant earth
and also older stuff like the
Orbit
Plant Ph'aat
Audity etc..

If anyone has any problems with thier emu machines i would like to help and god knows that i still got afew
questions myself

Question:Anyone having problems with recording via midi a Bts riff? it seems to record the notes with major duration and timing diviations which comes out like basic crap..
I tried setting the tempo to Xtrnal and also to the spesipec
tempo of the pharse it gets aspeacily messy when i tweak the beats knobs :)
any help would be appricated

and post aquestion if you got one

Bom,Sly-fi

(Slight) problems with the XL-1 (only slight!)

Using it connected to a PC - using and old P90 running 'Voyetra MIDI orchestrator' under Win95, outputting through an ISA slot MPU-401 compatible MIDI card.

The track I wrote started with sending out the controller messages to set up the right sounds in the XL-1.
When powering on the XL-1 and loading the software for the first time and playing the track - not all channels set to the right sound - patch change was transmitted but bank change LSB wasn't - all these messages were sent out in bar 1 beat 1 click 0 of the MIDI sequence...therefore ALL AT ONCE....so I've moved some of these messages to the next bar...haven't fully tested it yet though and I'm not at home for christmas...
Perhaps it's my computer or MIDI card...or perhaps it's just a limit of the MIDI spec - too many messages at once???
Most likey my computer - after playing for the first time it only sets up half the tracks. If I loose focus of the program, and come back to it (that unlocks and re-locks onto the MIDI devices) and play again it works.

Other probs - sucessfully recorded filter sweeps, including initial values at beginning of track for resonance (set to max). On playback the resonance isn't being set!!! hmm.
And...with filter sweeps everywhere, if there's a pad or sustained part playing on top, it get's cut off - like it's run out of polyphony (but it's got SIXTY-FOUR!!!) - too many MIDI signals again? I tried halving the controller messagea for the filter sweeps (removing all ODD values) and it improved it.

Can I BOM too? I'm that kinda guy...

Bom

Olly

Back