Drug related thread closure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andreas Rauh

hi everyone,

i dont expect this message to become a thread since onlinedj management has closed the last one related to the issue.

i understand that drug related debates are always complex. i also understand that onlinedj might not be interested in hosting these kind of discussion because of its content and aparent 'no relation' towards music.

i do not encourage anyone to do drugs at all. these are extremely hazardous and potentially dangerous substances that pose a real danger to your life. i understand that alcohol and tabacco and included here.

despite of that i can not agree with the closure of the thread entitled "drug use and abuse - information".

i believe that information is the key to a better understanding of the world. in the words of the http://www.dancesafe.org,

"While abstention is the only way to avoid all the harms associated with drug use, harm reduction programs provide non-abstentionist health and safety information under the recognition that many people are going to choose to experiment with drugs despite all the risks involved. Harm reduction information and services help people use as safely as possible as long as they continue to use."

this is what i wanted to show. the intention is clear, to promote "health and safety within the rave and nightclub community" (www.dancesafe.org again).

the relation between drugs and music is only inside one´s mind, but to deny the fact that some people within the community do drugs is to be blind. that, to me, is the reason that should base any thread about drug use in this website.

again, i do not encourage anyone to do drugs, but i recognize that in spite of all the warnings there will still be people that will try it. to these i can only wish good luck and as much information as you can about the substance chosen in order to prevent avoidable problems.

i hope i wont be misunderstood.

take care,

andreas rauh

ps: manoone, i tried to send you a personal email but your address was no longer available at the website.

Hi Andreas,

No problem about the thread you posted, it's cool.
Thanks for understanding that we have to close this kind of threads because we are in charge of keeping the contents very very legal.

my address is mclement@onlineDJ.com

hi manoone,

i know about the legal issue. i, along with some close friends, started a discussion group and faced the same questions of what is or not legal. i fully understand your opinion in this issue, but i dont want to see people diving in unkown territory simply because there was no information available.

i agree almost 100% with http://www.dancesafe.org´s philosophy. check out http://www.dancesafe.org/philosophyandvision.html for a more precise explanation. these guys are real serious about the matter.

and thanks for your address.

take care,

andreas rauh

Thank you for the links.

I would like this post to be the last concerning drugs.
As I see, you understand completely.

closing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back