Dilla vs. Lex Luger

I'm saying you ain't the real K.E.

...and even if you were i'd slaughter your shiny-happy-people beat making ass in a beat battle. Shit ain't no joke. I got Cubase 2 and a midiSport Uno midi interface and could kick ya ass round the block. Nigga.

I'm K.E, not K.E. on the Track. So which one you tryna battle? Idgaf what you use lol. Nigga..

Shit, my bad.

Carry on, nigga.

Now was this conversation pointless or what? I been goin by K.E. before I knew who K.E. on the Track was & I ain't bouta change my name for another nigga. But on some real shit, I had no idea what you was talkin about lol..

J Dilla cuz he's dead. lol. How anyone can compare J Dilla with his sampled beats to Lex Luger with his trap beats?:|

Who cares if a beats sampled or not? Was that beat a hit? Did that beat sell? Y'all niggaz look at J Dilla like he ain't had a career spannin 20 some alternative rap hits before he died. Look at it this way, when Dilla was hot, alternative rap was = to where trap rap is now and he had the game on LOCK! Ask Pharrell who the alternative rap legend is. Ask Q-Tip. Ask Common. Ask The Roots. Ask Mos Def, Talib Kweli, DJ Jazzy Jeff, Pharcyde, Busta Rhymes and half they cats around the world who emulate his sound. Get my point? I ain't gon knock Lex, he's a FRESH new face and he got the game on lock at the moment but come on, y'all really comparin him to a goat after a few hits on Waka, Rick Ross and Snoop. Everything has its time though, the question is, where will trap beats B in 20+ years. People been doin boom bap for 20+ years and emulatin Dilla for at least a good 10 of 'em. Oh, and last time I check Lex samples too, or did y'all forget about the track he did for Wale and Jeremih? Hip-Hops BEEN sample based music, get with the program, none of us would B here talkin in this forum if old heads before us didn't sample and influence the people that INFLUENCED the Lex Lugers and Tone P's of today (and us as well). This conversation is almost as absurd as comparin Curtis Mayfield with DJ Quik. All respect, I LOVE what Lex is bringin to the game, I LOVE the innovation, the NEWNESS but hot damn, keep things in perspective! Y'all actin like you got musical ADD. Jus cus a cat ain't from here and now doesn't mean they're any less great or innovative!

Last edited:
horrible post... only reason some1 would ever compare lex luger to dilla is because they have no clue how legendary dilla is/was
Dilla > ________

Luger FTW...

images

This is a retarded ass post
Why, you ask?
Cuz this ain't even a comparison of skills, its a comparison of style between two opposite styles
Of course Lex Luger made harder beats, he's a TRAP PRODUCER

That's like asking "Who puts out fires better, the police or the firemen?"
Of course its the firemen, its not the polices ****ing job

I still got hype as **** off that Psycho track I posted earlier

Luger has nothing on Soulja Boy. Dude is a genius.

No Luger beat comes close. My laptop sounds like some 15's!! Who needs beats by dr dre when you can make beats that provide bass for small speakers.

Why, you ask?
Cuz this ain't even a comparison of skills, its a comparison of style between two opposite styles

idk man, dilla was a trill ass dude. especially circa "Ruff Draft". But it just didn't come through in dude's beats. His beats were on some incense and hummus sandwhich shit. Not some dro and grits shit.

Why, you ask?

yo its not about that. its about these two dudes, both of whom we can safely assume were/are trill niggas. We're trying to see which one provoked more ham-going from the hoods.

Back