Dilla vs. Lex Luger

****ing hell its Trenchant its like 2009 all over again.. If I was drunk I'd be trippin my tits off.

laughin my ass off. how the ass are you?

---------- Post added at 08:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 PM ----------

I dont need to.
Judging by your comments this is your "real nigga"

Real Nigga 1: "WTF is this smooth music? I'm tryna buss some heads!"
Real Nigga 2: "Yea, son, I feel you. I was just listenin cuz my white friend said it was good. But nah, where's that new track Lex made?"
*Real Nigga 1 puts in cd*
Real Nigga 2: "This shit right here nigga! This shit right here nigga!!"
*song finishes*
Real Nigga 3: "I feel realer than I did 3:45 ago."

yeah nigga, that's how a real nigga do. anything else is some pussy shit. for real.

i know what you mean im just saying out of all people why dilla. Jdilla was a different caliber of producer compared to Lex, both in there own lanes. To me its like comparing The Beatles to Pantera or Metallica.

---------- Post added at 04:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:33 PM ----------

imagine the Beatles trying to make some hard shyt like metallica, it probly wouldnt sound right. Cuz thats not them, thats not what they do.

lol yeah cus the beatles were soft. what the **** kind of shit is that "I wanna hold your hand" bull shit. Trill niggas take what they want. "Gimme that ass" that's the shit I'm bumping. Them niggas were taking that flower power hippy dip LSD shit too. Talking about free love and shit. Sit the **** down and smoke a joint ya hippy, calm the **** down.

Metallica had riffs man, them niggas cracked skulls. My dude Lars Ulrich man. Dude had the illest breaks.

lol yeah cus the beatles were soft. what the **** kind of shit is that "I wanna hold your hand" bull shit. Trill niggas take what they want. "Gimme that ass" that's the shit I'm bumping. Them niggas were taking that flower power hippy dip LSD shit too. Talking about free love and shit. Sit the **** down and smoke a joint ya hippy, calm the **** down.

Metallica had riffs man, them niggas cracked skulls. My dude Lars Ulrich man. Dude had the illest breaks.
"Trill niggas take what they want"....what does that have to do with anything.... ok I get it your hard your "Trill".

I dunno sound wise I'd have to go with Lex, but as far as creativity I'd have to say Dilla. But seriously there both lazy when it comes to there style, they both have the same fast, rushed, and for the most part all there tracks sound the same.

Why is everybody so uptight about it? Surely you have an opinion on which you like better. I'll go with Dilla (as I'm not much into trap music) but I don't see why it should be a big fuss.

Which one of these niggas you think go ham the hardest on the beats?

Gotta go with Luger personally.

http://i.pinger.pl/pgr52/b863548900..._my_faith_today_in_people-s360x202-224167.jpg

n129753_I_dont_want_to_live_on_this_planet_anymore_RE_i_lost_my_faith_today_in_people-s360x202-224167.jpg

Attachments

• 342-i-dont-want-to-live-on-this-planet-anymore.jpg
    342-i-dont-want-to-live-on-this-planet-anymore.jpg
    692 bytes · Views: 44
Last edited:
So...since this thread is poppin', let's give ourselves a chance to shine. Who can post a trap beat and a soulful beat they've produced that both fully capture the feel of the subgenre.

I think I got it, feel free to tell me I don't.

Trap(and yeah, it's generic): SoundClick artist: Phuk'dup Beats - Can't think of anything cool to type here.

Soul(actually prouder of this one, just cause I've gotten soft in my 30s): SoundClick artist: Phuk'dup Beats - Can't think of anything cool to type here.

Last edited:
dilla soul music, lex thug music, completely different. for "hard" luger, for who i like better overall (and who's music i think will have greater longevity) dilla.

but luger has better rappers on his beats, can't stand that positive, "concious" ****.

Last edited:
This question doesn't really make much sense to compare.

J Dilla wasn't tryna make his beats "hard". He was trying to make it abstract and soulful. Lex Luger's aim is to make his beats recognizable and energetic.

In either case, they are profound.

But if you still wanna argue about it, Lex Luger has harder beats. It just has to be that way given the style of music he produces. It's like how you can't be a bodybuilding champion without having a shit ton of muscles.

Last edited:
Back