deep house track

welcome!!!
:victory: :cheers: :hello:

checked your track Upside Down, thanks for posting. I liked how the beat builds up. The bongos / toms worked for me. Nice bassline too, though I ma not sure if the notes are on the same scale as the rest (leads).

Constructive advice: add some compression on the drum tracks, and a final compression on the whole mixdown. This will give even more presence and punch to the whole thing.

I am not a big fan of dance music in general but your track was pumping and refreshing!

Keep it up, see you online oobe!
once again, welcome

ManoOne, thanks for the thoughts and nice words. Yeah, I dont have a compression unit yet (or any effects processors) but I really need to get one. Haven't really messed around with software compression much but maybe I should try it out. Any advice on any programs for this?

thanks again...
o o b e

sure thing oobe, my pleasure. Thank YOU for composing music and posting the track here :)

To answer your question I need to know something first: what equipment / software are you using to produce, and what is your sequencer (cubase, or hardware..)?

Depending on what you'll tell me i'll find the right solution for you.

peace

i use the following equipment: yamaha ex-5, korg ms2000, korg ea-1 & er-1(Drum machine and synth) and a futureretro fr-777(303 clone). i only used the ex-5 and ms-2000 on that track though. i use cakewalk pro audio 9 to sequence and sound forge 4.5 to master the recording(although all i usually do is normalize it and maybe a little eq.)

in sound forge, go to EFFECTS then DYNAMICS and do trials and errors until you get the compression you want.

Be careful with the "normalize" thing... it is not necessarily a good way to master a track. Play around iwth the ocmpressiona nd dynamics instead.

good luck! feel free to post if you update for me (and others) to listen to it and stuff.

take care, happy that you are here, and that you apparnetly like the site :)

peace

used the compression in sound forge and i think the mix sounds a lot better now. if you wanna hear it, its in the same spot the first one was at on my page. thanks for the advice, i think i will do this on all my tracks now...

and yeah, i love this site, its great :cheers:

oh yeah it has more punch definitly!

BLAM BLAM CLAC CLAC TAK TAK! :)

I moved my head up and down as I was listening. For example the 909 hi hats all a sudden sound phatter. Before, it was sounding like if it was straight out of a MC303 groovebox (ie weak).

Much better.

I guess you should keep playing with the parameters (there are SO many possibilities with dynamics and compression that I personally get lost) because it is definitly the key to a great sounding dance track.

I like the track much much better now. Its amazing how important playing with dynamics is.

Throw in some female voice singing a tune and you have a hit :D

... and this comes from someone who doesnt particularily like dance music (me). Very good tune.

See you around!
Good job

-mano

woohoo, i was afraid it was just me thinking it was better :)

yeah, i really want to find a vocalist, especially for this track. don't know any and not sure how to find one tho...

anyway, thanks again for all the help!

oobe

Well I love deep house...

...and with Mano giving you props like he did, I thought I should check it out.

I love the structure, and the precussive sounds. A vocal would be great...but not necessarily needed. The melody you put in was catchy enough in my opinion.

The only other thing I would add is that it almost sounds like I can hear some distortion when the volume builds. Might be my headphones so I will listen to it again when I get out of the office!

Good Job!

G

one other person has told me they can hear some distortion too. i can't hear it tho, maybe i should put on some headphones and listen closely. my recording setup isnt the best right now so that could be the reason...just have my mixer hooked into a phillips cd recorder recording anolog. i have a digital recording sound card but it only has digital inputs and no inputs for my mixer, argh! anyway, thanks for the listen and im glad you enjoyed it :D

i think i might make some more house songs and send some demos out....need to send some demos anyway, i would really love to get something pressed...

:monkey:

either of you guys have anything i could listen to? :cheers:

someday...

Although I do hope to try my hand at producing, I just DJ at the moment.

Since we are talking about it, how did you get into producing?

G

Back