Creamware cards: the DSP era !

mano 1

Founder
Staff member
edit test

Hey everyone,

Before we sit down and review their products, you are invited to check out the cards creamware are making... These sound cards are built with SHARC DSPs (number of them depends on card model / application) and are installing an Operating System on your computer.

Then (for example the Pulsar II card) you can open mixers, samplers, synthesizers, modular synthesizers, and plug them together as if you were plugging hardware devices in your studio. The sound is awesome (since the software is using the hardware power of the pulsar II card) and it is very reliable.

URL to check their products:
www.creamware.com

If you have comments feel free to reply to this topic.That was just an introduction to their products. More info, live tests and MP3 examples will come, stay tuned!

Everyone! Mano is a creamware fanatic! Hey mano, doesn't it cost like 1,000 greens? I gusee this web moderation thing is getting you the bucks. I have an idea. You giev me the card to test, and i'll talk about how nice it is, and for my effort, you let me keep it. Yeah! :)

That would be dope!
DJ SKY

Hey man calm down

When you see a magazine or a site doing a review, they only borrow the equipment for a very short period of time, they don't keep it ;)

By the way, yes I love the concept of these DSP cards.

[Edited by ManoOne on 10-17-2000 at 06:11 PM]

Pulsar II has its own "reality-buzz-you name it"
It is loaded with software synthesizer which are using the DSP power instead of your CPU (which makes them more hardware than software after all): a hundred of them. Also the MODULAR II is basically your BUZZ-reaktor but much better (sounds like a real synth). It has its own sampler too (STS4000), effects, inserts... Everything running in the same software interface, with unlimited routing of the signals.

The operating system
Pulsar2_RoutingWindow_500.jpg

The modular II construction kit
mod2_chord_500.jpg

The Big Mixer V2
pulsar_bigmixerV2B_500.jpg

It looks amazing, and doesn't sound bad at all... If your motherboard is a straight intel especially. Some may not need this, if they already love the sound of their synthesizer, sampler, and already have an ADAT card hooked to a digital mixer.

It is not for DJs though... that's more a studio tool.

This said... Do NOT get one of these cards if you have a motherboard with a VIA chipset (most athlons do). IT will result with conflicts.

Good concept though... I'll probably publish a review very soon.

Back