JLO:
* Voice type: Soubrette
* Highest note: G5
* Lowest note: G3
* Vocal range: 2 octaves
Mariah Carey:
5 Octaves (B2-G#7) :bigeyes:
Beyonce:
Beyonce has been classified as a full soprano. She is capable of employing intricate melismata, and this technique is a central feature of her sound.
(E3-C6)

P.S.:...Did anyone here the real reason that Destiny's Child broke up was because Beyonces Father was trickin' and
snortcocaine2.jpg

:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
ILuvJD said:
I found this interesting:
Ciara:
* Highest note: B5
* Vocal range: 2.3 octaves (G3-B5)

Ashanti:
* Voice type: Lyric Soprano
* Highest note: G6
* Lowest note: E3
* Vocal range: 3.3 octaves (E3-G6)

JLO:
* Highest note: G5
* Vocal range: 2 octaves
Mariah Carey:
5 Octaves (B2-G#7) :bigeyes:
Beyonce:
Beyonce has been classified as a full soprano. She is capable of employing intricate melismata, and this technique is a central feature of her sound.
(E3-C6)

P.S.:...Did anyone here the real reason that Destiny's Child broke up was because Beyonces Father was sleeping with one of the dancers and was snortin dat ROCC :confused:

lol...Mariah Carey has an 8 octave range.

and 2.3 octaves ain't SH*T. I have about 4 octaves myself, and i'm a Bass.

Ashanti with 3.3? That's a stretch.

And why on earth would a multi million selling group break up cuz the manager is sniffin coke and f*cking a dancer?

They broke up cuz Beyonce is sick of splitting that check. If Kelly had did those Beyonce numbers, they woulda been broke up last year.

j.troup said:

And why on earth would a multi million selling group break up cuz the manager is sniffin coke and f*cking a dancer?

They broke up cuz Beyonce is sick of splitting that check. If Kelly had did those Beyonce numbers, they woulda been broke up last year.
I heard he was spending the groups profit on prostitution and drugs...so that's why Michelle and Kelly want out...Beyonce keeps denying theres any problem.
Originally posted by j.trouplol...Mariah Carey has an 8 octave range.

When she was depressed and went to the hospital a couple years ago I heard she smoked a sh*t load of cigarettes and weed, and that took from her vocal range :(.

Last edited by a moderator:
mariah carey is a freak of nature with her vocal talent.... if her octave ranges are going down it's because God is punishing her for "it's like that"

I thought mariah had 4 octaves.
4 octaves is a crazy in my view.

Troup for you to have 4 octaves is almost unbelievable to me. Isn't that almost the greatest vocal range possible? You're lucky though.

I have 1.5. :(
PLus it's high pitched and the timbre sux.

Last edited:
j-traxx said:
mariah carey is a freak of nature with her vocal talent.... if her octave ranges are going down it's because God is punishing her for "it's like that"

Alright in 8 months you are gonna be swizzy's ghost producer on RAP TRACKS :o

ya'll DID know that they use autotune on Mariah too? that's why her voice didn't make it to the guinnes book of records.

1005 said:
ya'll DID know that they use autotune on Mariah too? that's why her voice didn't make it to the guinnes book of records.

clown. her voice didnt make it because she has the most range in POP not in the world. her mom prolly has more or someone else in opera.

autotune... please. remember her claim to fame????!!

HER UNPLUGGED concert. because no one believed in what she did on "emotions" and the crowd erupted when she did.

dont toss her into autotuune category.. that's just disrespectful.

this is not breaking news.

NO pulitzer for you.

back to the weather.

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. you must realize young buck that auto tune is now a way of life for mixer. it is an effect just like telephone remember when ery song had telephone voice in it. just because. not due to the artists ability but due to the trends of the industry now ashanti needs autotune but they dont use it on her. mariah does not need autotune. they use it because they want to. and cuz they can. and cuz it sells records now. so go study up learn how to record vocals before you try to critique the pros.

j-traxx said:

NO pulitzer for you.

back to the weather.

[/color]

don't shoot the messenger. that was the given official reason back then.

mariah definatly has the best voice in pop, the hi notes are increadable, we al know she dont need no autotune, her voice is one in a million dude, i widsh i could find somone around here that can blow like that

j-traxx said:

clown. her voice didnt make it because she has the most range in POP not in the world. her mom prolly has more or someone else in opera.

autotune... please. remember her claim to fame????!!

HER UNPLUGGED concert. because no one believed in what she did on "emotions" and the crowd erupted when she did.

NO pulitzer for you.

back to the weather.

Leave it to traxx to come to the defense of a non black chick.

theallenboy said:
haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. you must realize young buck that auto tune is now a way of life for mixer. it is an effect just like telephone remember when ery song had telephone voice in it. just because. not due to the artists ability but due to the trends of the industry now ashanti needs autotune but they dont use it on her. mariah does not need autotune. they use it because they want to. and cuz they can. and cuz it sells records now. so go study up learn how to record vocals before you try to critique the pros.

OOOOOOOH!!!!!!!!! HE TOLD Y'ALL!!!!!!

it-dunce.jpg

BLACKISBEAUTIFUL said:
(not to be confused w/ J-Traxx :p) and other sea-animals can hear.
]

LOL :)

aa, that was the real reason? funny shyt, it was on radionews up here (the autotune thing).

i never questined her talent. i like j-lo's butt better tho.

BLACKISBEAUTIFUL said:
J-TROUP
Accdg. to Guinness it's 7 octave
accdg. to BBC it's 7
but accdg. to notes_and_octaves its 5

Yeah I think that 7 octaves thing is bs. I think they're including falsetto notes.

I don't think it's humanly possible to have a range that large.
I'd like tho know though.

Back