Check out: Orion

mano 1

Founder
Staff member
http://www.sonic-syndicate.com/

Check the URL above. Orion is supposively a great software synth, and a concept on its own.

Remember the TS404? it is now called WASP, and is part of ORION.

There is a trial version, and the full version is only 40 USD. Check it out and post your comments and reactions about it

take care

hi,

I've been fooling around with the Orion demo for the last couple of days, and its pretty cool. Of course, its actually the first software synth I've tried, so I have no basis for comparison. Would anyone happen to know where to get some more sounds for it off the net? There's not a big selection to choose from right now. I could be missing something, of course. Sorry I don't have any educated opinions to share just yet, still new to this stuff.

from what i've seen, orion is damn cool...i've been checking out propellerhead's reason, as well...it seems more well organized and powerful (which it better be, at $400) though i haven't been able to explore it too thoroughly, at just 20 minutes at a time...both packages are worth checking out, i'm probably going to stick with orion...i may actually buy it, too.
even though you can't save .wav output in the demo, there's still ways around that...try patching the speaker out jack on your soundcard into your favorite recorder...dat, minidisc, even cassette tape, whatever you have handy...then patch the recorder into the line in jack, and record a .wav in whichever wav editor you like to use...i figured that one out about a year ago with SimSynth....same kind of demo with just save and wav output disabled.

heh :) yes but it's better to save the project file ;)
Reason is worth buying the full version. But yeah, I hear you, it's a fun trick :)

By the way welcome amorphous!

well indeed i have fallen in love with reason now. i finally got to install it on my better computer, and i finally got my midi interface back from my sister....part of the reason i had been unsure of its capabilities is that i didn't have my midi controller hooked up to it...i was just looking at the demo songs and seeing what could be done....curse reason's 20 minute demo limit. i'm saving money for turntables right now, i can't afford this software...dilemmas...damn.

did you try to connect your controler to it now? did you get good latency time on the synth and other modules?

the latency when i was running reason on my PII 400mhz, 128 mb RAM computer was almost zero...when i tried it on my other computer, a 500 mhz celeron with only 32 meg of ram, there was a pronounced difference in latency....maybe 100 ms...enough to be distracting. i can probably play around with some settings though. then again, i might not, since the eMachines computer is a piece of crap to begin with.

Back