BROTHERS:If you shop at Costco, Wal-Mart, or Sam's you need to see this...

Status
Not open for further replies.
the company should have used something like "lil kitty" instead lol.

Kitty? Like the poor subservient animals people selfishly lock in their homes? How dare you liken me to that of a kitty! Are you saying my child is a pet? At least a monkey is free to swing in the trees, a kitty is kept like a slave and forced to pleasure their owner for food by stroking and purring.

People can find offense in anything. It's a way to get attention and praise without doing anything difficult and deserving. There's just a baby doll that some store is selling, it's not racist at all. But if you are "black" and pretend it is then you get to be on TV and get people following you in some righteous cause.

Groups of people today are always looking for ways to get their ass kissed. You offended my religion, race, sex, disability... give me something. If I were CEO of Costco I'd give them dudes nothing. The dolls would stay sold and the offended would get no encouragement to pull this stunt again in the future.

Instead they always give-in and apologize, admitting guilt where there is none, and shower the offended with positive reward. The cycle will keep repeating until we stop one side.

Last edited by a moderator:
I see I've been censored. Sad that people can't even peacefully discuss truth without having to put fingers in ears and la la la la la I can't hear you. There's no point discussing with the ignorant. Peace.

^^^If I have to "censor" you again, it will be with a ban.

Realize that's it's not just one or two people in a conversation here. As a mod, it is my duty to advert offensive content. I could personally care less of your witless attempts at being crass.

They amuse me.

Last edited:
Kitty? Like the poor subservient animals people selfishly lock in their homes? How dare you liken me to that of a kitty! Are you saying my child is a pet? At least a monkey is free to swing in the trees, a kitty is kept like a slave and forced to pleasure their owner for food by stroking and purring.

People can find offense in anything. It's a way to get attention and praise without doing anything difficult and deserving. There's just a baby doll that some store is selling, it's not racist at all. But if you are "black" and pretend it is then you get to be on TV and get people following you in some righteous cause.

Groups of people today are always looking for ways to get their ass kissed. You offended my religion, race, sex, disability... give me something. If I were CEO of Costco I'd give them dudes nothing. The dolls would stay sold and the offended would get no encouragement to pull this stunt again in the future.

Instead they always give-in and apologize, admitting guilt where there is none, and shower the offended with positive reward. The cycle will keep repeating until we stop one side.

Yezzir, some people need to take their pride down a notch and realize that no one owes them a damn thing

It was in my email just like I posted it, heading and all so you know people nationwide are willed up right now... the forwarded list I was part of was over 500 people... It's a big deal right now... But honestly I feel alil torn about how I feel... Some people see it to be harmless while others know someone will see an unknowing black kid with one and take a pic and post it as a foul joke online or wherever... it's that angle I feel it's a good idea to remove it.... it's not that we don't like the monkey in it but the possibilities of what others will make of it due to such similarities used as weapons in the past and even this thread (until the pics were removed)... That dude Jamon is the example of why it should be gone... Not cause it's not cute... It was cute but his intentional jabs would of got him beat if that was said in person... That's why I ignored the dudes comments...

Using your own words, the black doll causes problems, whereas the white and hispanic do not? That is unequal discrimination based on race.

The black doll is the only one that causes problems because black people know whites and hispanics aren't monkeys, only blacks?
Garbage Post...............

In any case I think that people are gonna make issues out of things of this nature less and less often in the future as we move further away from what we know as history now.

jamon if you are half as smart as you are pretending to be, you know the answer to the questions you are asking. this is ridiculous lol "o so the black doll is the only one that causes problems?" well when monkey becomes a racial slur used towards whites and hispanics, then maybe they will be outraged along with the black ppl. if they made a cracker baby, holdin a ritz sleeve, wouldnt some white ppl be upset? stop frontin like you dont understand how or why someone would be upset at seeing it.

jamon if you are half as smart as you are pretending to be, you know the answer to the questions you are asking. this is ridiculous lol "o so the black doll is the only one that causes problems?" well when monkey becomes a racial slur used towards whites and hispanics, then maybe they will be outraged along with the black ppl. if they made a cracker baby, holdin a ritz sleeve, wouldnt some white ppl be upset? stop frontin like you dont understand how or why someone would be upset at seeing it.

Exactly

As long as there were lil monkey dolls in other colors, I really could care less. But for the sake of being sensitive to those who do find it offensive, the company should have used something like "lil kitty" instead lol. I do agree that some people just LOVE to pull the race card about the most insignificant things.

but then someone would claim it actually means "lil pussy" and encourages pedophilia and bestiality . :cry:

if they made a cracker baby, holdin a ritz sleeve, wouldnt some white ppl be upset?

In all honesty I wouldn't find that offensive at all, that would actually be funny, and would probably buy one. ^^ No sarcasm at all there. <- none there either.

The problem would come when someone scratched off the 'er' in cracker and replaced the ritz sleeve with something else.

I do think the lil monkey doll was in bad taste, whether intentional or not. Thats a well known slur and hard to believe someone didn't catch that before it was manufactured in China.

Last edited:
There is too many problems going on in this country to get worked up over a doll; even if the intentions WERE racial, you should be a big enough person to oversee that, laugh it off, and go on with your life. I just don't physically understand how this couple felt so violated? He's a grown ass man, but is getting mentally irked by a plastic toy.

The gentleman who started the whole thing released a email that staed he was trying to bring awareness to the careless behavior of manufactures but if it wasn't done with bad intentions then there shouldn't be any more uproar past purchasing or NOT purchasing the item.

I guess the mix responses he got brought a lil light to the man and his views on race in today's society. In that alone I'm glad to see him learn something that's focused in the right direction.:cheers:

I dont care (im Black)

But
IMG_4877

Thats Funny..

So is this

obama-sock-monkey.jpg

golliwog-doll.jpg

But anyways Heres the White version of that doll tho..

Capture5.JPG

Its Hilarious to me.. The White One is "Pretty Panda" and the Black one gets called "Lil Monkey"... Wow..

Last edited:
Using your own words, the black doll causes problems, whereas the white and hispanic do not? That is unequal discrimination based on race.

The black doll is the only one that causes problems because black people know whites and hispanics aren't monkeys, only blacks?

Your reading way too far into my post...

But yes, black people have been called monkeys for so long it would cause a problem. I've never heard anyone call a white person or Hispanic person a monkey being used in a derogatory form.

^^^ Dude was truly a case... if it looks and walks like a duck, it's probably a duck....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back