BROTHERS:If you shop at Costco, Wal-Mart, or Sam's you need to see this...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noyzi

Who Want To Battle Me?
***THIS WAS IN MY EMAIL THIS MORNING***

I don't find this hard to believe because it's still out there. I don't
have a Costco membership, but if I did and I saw this sold in the store I would cancel my membership on the spot! So if you are a Costco member and you see this item in the store, do what you can to let them know you don't like what is being betrayed. That's all I got to say!

I smell a boycott if they don't get it together.

In this day and age, racism and ugly stereotypes continue to rear its ugly head. The recent Gates case, the Boston police officer calling Gates a "banana eating jungle monkey", and others are strong examples. Racism and negative stereotypical portrayals of African Americans comes in many forms.

John Taylor and his wife, Donna who live in North Carolina, recently went to COSTCO in Greensboro and could not believe what they saw perched on the shelf for sale. As the photos show, the baby doll is being hugged by a monkey and the doll has a cap on its head that says " lil'monkey"! They have lodged complaints with the COSTCO Corporate HQS and while their efforts succeeded in getting the doll pulled from the Greensboro store, the doll is still on sale in Winston Salem and likely in other locations.

These dolls are in insult to us all and need to be pulled from all COSTCO stores or wherever they are being sold. COSTCO also owes their customers an apology. I hope you are as outraged as I am and if so, call COSTCO HQs and demand that this product be removed from their shelves without delay. It is the "Cuddle Baby" product #404860 and the corporate headquarters number is 800-7742678.

Please feel free to spread the word to your networks to contact COSTCO and demand they stop selling this doll.

This is not a hoax.

I've verified its authenticity.

IMG_4877
IMG_4876

Sharing information with fellow men so we may improve is civilized. It's easy to stay in the same cage because we develop a level of comfort, even when it is less than ideal. The shocking pain is when we must confront truth, which forces us to change. That requires stressful readjustment.

For someone who grew up in a "black" family, adapting to that cultural environment, it is an extreme challenge to think outside that, and even more difficult to realize why and how you should abandon it for something better.

It's always easier to chill in your familiar cage. But you'll be repeating meaningless self-harming thought cycles like the original poster demonstrated. It's time to move on. Your identity is not rooted in your skin tone.

Sometimes a lil' monkey baby doll is just a doll. What you read into it is a reflection of how you view yourself, not true reality.

you know what? It's good to know who you are so I can make sure I never communicate with you again...

19 whooping post, did you really just do that to yourself? I know enuff to not bite down on bait dude...

You are a prime example why death is just...

Notice how all responses have been information-less challenges? This is tribal behavior. Instead of giving the slightest clue why anything written was wrong, they just hoot and pump chests. That's why you're compared to monkeys.

Humans aren't much different from other primates, until you add some culture. A group of humans could adopt ape culture, but we try and grow. The culture we see, often associated with being "black", in the hip-hop world, is similar to monkey-culture. It's not racist hate, it's just fact. There's lots of monkey-like "white" cultures too.

But the great thing about humans is, we can change our culture. Instead of resorting to violence, ignorance, and empty threats, use your reasoning skills to collaborate and share information. If you are offended by something, don't attack it, discuss it.

We're all brothers, regardless of skin. Being "black" doesn't mean anything, unless you decide it does. It's your choice what it means. Right now you choose to be paranoid and go on crusades against toys sold in retail stores. Seems like there's better ways.

It's only a racial stereotype if you say ALL Africans look like monkeys. But the plain fact is, some really do. Not technically monkeys though. I see more people of European-origin that look like monkeys. Africans tend to resemble other primates like Gorillas.

ehhrrr...:confused:

This was on the news out here a few days ago...

I chuckled...

Its racist as hell from the beginning, but then they showed right next to it there were white and hispanic dolls with the same "lil monkey" thing on them holding the same monkey and bananna. So it seems to me like it was just a lapse of judgement. The person who made them just didn't notice that the black doll would cause problems.
I'm cool with it as long as there was not just a black doll being made like that.

The email was the first I heard of it so the other dolls I didn't know about... regardless.... it's off putting to alot of people, it's insensitive to say the least... I wouldn't buy it thats for sure...

It's a misunderstanding due to the fact everyone thinks someone's intensions are malicious.

Costco immediately pulled the dolls after realizing they were offensive. Why boycott them? It's not like they said "f**k the monkeys, leave those dolls on the shelf". They lost money fixing the problem.

There are caucasion and hispanic versions of the same doll. But the media will make it look like it was only concentrated on african americans.

Everyone from the distributors to manufacturers have issued public apologies.

Black folk are the most racist folk in America. We always so busy targeting people who really weren't out to get us that we miss the real negative energies and obstacles put around us everyday. These dolls were made to be sold to our children for them to have fun with. No malicious intension whatsoever. Bad judgement? Can't even say that, someone being ignorant to racial stereotypes dropped the ball from being too pure of heart to find offence in the product. That deserves appreciation, not ridicule.

Some chickenhead on section 8 who don't know who her babydaddy is sitting around mad about a "Lil' Monkey Doll" that was pulled 2 days ago as we speak, because she seen it in the store on the 15th....the only day other than the 1st when she goes to the store. SMH @ our priorities.

Last edited:
there were white and hispanic dolls with the same "lil monkey" thing on them holding the same monkey and bananna. So it seems to me like it was just a lapse of judgement. The person who made them just didn't notice that the black doll would cause problems.

Using your own words, the black doll causes problems, whereas the white and hispanic do not? That is unequal discrimination based on race.

The black doll is the only one that causes problems because black people know whites and hispanics aren't monkeys, only blacks?

As long as there were lil monkey dolls in other colors, I really could care less. But for the sake of being sensitive to those who do find it offensive, the company should have used something like "lil kitty" instead lol. I do agree that some people just LOVE to pull the race card about the most insignificant things.

Using your own words, the black doll causes problems, whereas the white and hispanic do not? That is unequal discrimination based on race.

The black doll is the only one that causes problems because black people know whites and hispanics aren't monkeys, only blacks?

Choose your wording better. You're intentionally pushing racial tension in this thread. Nothing clever about it at all. :cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back