boy expelled for writin lyrics!!!!!!!!!!

Mattnificent

You Won't Believe Why a Boy Is Expelled
A 14-year-old boy from Franklin Township, Pa., which is near Pittsburgh, has been expelled from school for more than a year for writing rap lyrics the school authorities deemed threatening and harassing. That has prompted the American Civil Liberties Union of Pennsylvania to file a lawsuit in U.S. District Court against Riverside School District.

The Beaver County Times reports that Anthony Latour was expelled for writing rap lyrics that made references to shooting up his school, police officers and teachers. School officials found out about the lyrics which Latour wrote himself--but never brought to school--last April. They expelled him for the remainder of the school year, as well as the upcoming school year. In a news conference on Wednesday, Latour said, "I just want to go back to making my music."

Latour's legal counsel, Kim Watterson, says the boy's rap lyrics were misunderstood by school officials. She said he participates in something called "battle rap" in which two rappers communicate through lyrics in a kind of verbal "jousting" to determine who is the better rapper, reports the Beaver Valley Times. The four songs that resulted in the expulsion were never brought to school and some of the lyrics were never even written down; however, Latour sold CDs containing the songs. The principal admitted that the songs did not cause problems in school. Anthony's father, John Latour, said his son was never asked about the meaning of the lyrics or if he intended to carry out violent acts.

Meanwhile, in a news release the ACLU said "School officials are not parents, and the First Amendment limits their authority to control what students read, write, rap or listen to in their own homes." Watterson said in the news release, "Many people don't like or understand rap music, and some people won't like Anthony's lyrics. But since these songs do not contain what's known in the law as 'true threats,' school officials and local police cannot make the music a crime simply because they find the lyrics offensive."

http://images.zwire.com/local/Z/Zwire2305/zwire/images/2005/08/story/04RAP_story.gif

thats the most rediculous thing ive eva heard in my life.........

That's the problem with these small azz towns. People got nothin better to do than expel a kid for writing rap lyrics.

Franklin Township, PA is not ready for rap music. Or electricity.

Unless I actually know what the fuk these lyrics are it's kinda hard to comment on the situation.

if the kid was smart he would capitalize on this

Last edited by a moderator:
Quiet Storm said:
if the kid was smart he would capitalize on this

yall know those lyrics were wack.
sounds like its just some depressed kid writing about how much he hates school because he got beat up for his lunch money everday.

jaym said:

yall know those lyrics were wack.
sounds like its just some depressed kid writing about how much he hates school because he got beat up for his lunch money everday.

emeinim is still in school? He looks so much bigger on tv.

who are we talkin about again???

Last edited:
fivestar said:

emeinim is still in school. He looks so much bigger on tv.

who are we talkin about again???

chskastk.jpg

Mattnificent said:

http://images.zwire.com/local/Z/Zwire2305/zwire/images/2005/08/story/04RAP_story.gif

thats the most rediculous thing ive eva heard in my life.........

Here's one for ya....

A couple of years ago I was writing lyrics during my lunch break at work. Some bytch kept walking past me while trying to see what I was writing, and if u know how writers are...we're very protective of our work so I kept covering my page until she was gone.

Anywho at one point I stuck the paper I was writing on in my desk and went to buy some candy. All was good until....

The next day I walked into work and the manager was like, "Shawn can I talk to you for a moment?" We went to a back room where some old white geeky mofo was just standing there like he was ready to arrest me or some shyt. Basically this BYTCH went INTO MY DESK and read my shyt. The manager made it mandatory that I go see a psychiatrist...TWO OF THEM IN FACT. Everything that I wrote was no worse than you'd hear on any 50 Cent, Fat Joe, or Jadakiss album...and these bytches couldn't understand that because "Columbine just happened not too long ago".

"They" just don't understand "Us"...that's why "They" took away our religion, our freedom of justice and liberty, our fathers and sons....and now "THEY" are trying to take away the only other means that we have to identity with each other as a whole besides church and our history...or what's left of our history.

Oh and "THEY" used to have a thing for burning down our churches. Bytch don't worry about "US"...worry about the REAL THUG that you helped to put back in office.

Last edited:
OsamaPigLatin said:

"They" just don't understand "Us"...that's why "They" took away our religion, our freedom of justice and liberty, our fathers and sons....and now "THEY" are trying to take away the only other means that we have to identity with each other as a whole besides church and our history...or what's left of our history.

Oh and "THEY" used to have a thing for burning down our churches. Bytch don't worry about "US"...worry about the REAL THUG that you helped to put back in office.

arnt you white?????? what the hell are you talkin about....:confused:

@ Osama...what was that b*tch doing going through your stuff anyways ?? That alone deserves a di*kslap across the face.

fivestar said:

arnt you white?????? what the hell are you talkin about....:confused:

Fukk makes you think I'm white?

Secondly this kid could have been white himself, but the town he's from is near Pittsburgh. I didn't find out until VERY RECENTLY that Pittsburgh is more racist than well probably Alabama. Point being is if the kid sold rock cd's, there probably would have been a parent/teacher conference, some time-out chit chats, and a punishment involving "no dessert after dinner".

This is absolutly obsurd, I can't believe that this kid got expelled. I mean he never brought the lyrics to school. I'll agree with the comment that said this kid will be signed on contraversy alone.

the funny/crazy/sad thing about all this is that the kid is white!

and no, he probably won't get a deal.

jaym said:

Damn for some strange reason I didn't even notice the link to his pic.

Yeah....and?

And they don't want their childrens' minds to be polluted with that nygger music. They're trying to make an example outta this kid.

OsamaPigLatin said:

Damn for some strange reason I didn't even notice the link to his pic.

Yeah....and?

And they don't want their childrens' minds to be polluted with that nygger music. They're trying to make an example outta this kid.

but if he was black. why would it have been less funny/strange/whatever.
even if they dont "want their childrens' minds to be polluted with that nygger music" and are "trying to make an example outta this kid"

Back