Back again with some FIIIRRREEE!! [Riddim]

Loved the intro, but the vocal before the drop was very hard to pick out and the heys started to annoy rather than add to the song by the end. Lots of good ideas in the song though keep going.

Thank you for the feedback! Much appreciated. Totally makes sense, I went back and forth with those vocals and thought id narrowed it down to a good audible level. And ya, honestly the "hey"'s I just kinda threw in there. thinking i might make them just a little quieter.

AHHHH this tune feels like the sonic equivalent of blue balls, or DJ Khaled yelling over a song the whole time. Every time I started to get into it, a vocal sample just takes me out of it. This could be a really dope tune if you extended the actual riddim parts or just took out some of the vocal samples and music cuts past the first drop. Also it feels really quiet. Are you saturating/compressing your output bus?

thanks for the honest feedback man! Admittedly ive been using vocal samples as sort of a crutch until i get better at making fills. Its def something ill take note of for my future songs. Thats weird you feel its quite cuz ive thought it was a little loud on some of the speakers ive listened to it on. Yes i saturate and compress/OTT, maybe the mix was just a little low.

Hey man,
really like the choruses, they are quite cool.
as mentioned above, too many vocals. Maybe just do something w a snare if you want to add variety? Also I thought the section between the two choruses was a bit confusing, the track lost some energy for me.
keep on producing!

Hey mate, really like where the vibe is headed - I found the drops to be a little grating by the end of them, but I think that's because there wasn't much in the way of variation. You try try Call/Response with growls or adding fills or gaps for sounds/vocal stabs at the end of a 4/8 bar phrase.

The kick is solid, but it has a sort of echo-y feel to it, doesn't hit me in my chest.

Overall pretty cool - keep it going man

@DZM Thank you so much! I think im DEF gonna tone the vocals back going forward. I really need to build up my fills skills haha. Thank you again for the feedback!

@Yellit I really appreciate the feedback, thank you! The kick I made does have quite a bit a reverb on there. Ill pay a little more attention to that in the future. Im def still trying to find that sweet spot with the growls ya know, but man am I having fun practicing haha! Thank you again for the feedback!

Having fun is the main thing! Others might have a different view, but typically with kicks I wouldn't apply any FX like reverb or echos etc (maybe in an intro or break for flavour, but not in the drop), depending on the source of the kick, I generally apply some EQ, a compressor, and sometimes some parallel compression depending on what type of sound I'm after. If the reverb is added in the creation of the kick, maybe compare your kick solo'd to the kick of a reference track, that might help you get the balance right when making a kick from scratch

Have you ever thought about making movie soundtracks? That's really how the first link sounds to me.

Ive thought about just messing around and making a more "theatrical" sounding song, Ill prob try it sometime in the future, just gotta practice more

Not bad dude! I personally dig the vibe and vocal samples, but the sound design need a bit more variation and the wubs lacks proper low end. One trick I learned from the moonboy production video with borgore is to draw in the volume for the subbass manually. It takes time but the results are totally worth it!

Back