Are butter rugs useful? or just downright neccessary

B

BobTheSlob

Right now I'm using a piece of wax paper under my slipmat. Is that really a WHOLE lot worse than a butter rug/sewer slime? Or is it just..a cheap, bad looking imitation.

My slipmats (SewerSlime) are not made of wax paper or felt or plastic.........

Using wax paper is the worse method you could use, simply because over time, the wax from the paper can get all of your equipment and records etc..........

Whether you choose to use my mats or butter rugs or whatever, your main concerns should be:

Do your records ride along with the mat when you skratch or back queue?

How slippery are the mats against the table platter? is there any delay in start up time when you release the record from stopping it with your hand?

Do you have to switch between mats because the mats you bought from whoever are to slick to use in just regular mixing.....

Overall, you want a slipmat thats gonna do all of the above.... Not just be slippery or one that has a picture of a hookers tits on it........

I usually dont hype my own mats, but my mats have passed all of the above questions hands down..........

Gutter

djgutter said:
My slipmats (SewerSlime) are not made of wax paper or felt or plastic.........

Using wax paper is the worse method you could use, simply because over time, the wax from the paper can get all of your equipment and records etc..........

Whether you choose to use my mats or butter rugs or whatever, your main concerns should be:

Do your records ride along with the mat when you skratch or back queue?

How slippery are the mats against the table platter? is there any delay in start up time when you release the record from stopping it with your hand?

Do you have to switch between mats because the mats you bought from whoever are to slick to use in just regular mixing.....

Overall, you want a slipmat thats gonna do all of the above.... Not just be slippery or one that has a picture of a hookers tits on it........

I usually dont hype my own mats, but my mats have passed all of the above questions hands down..........

Gutter

word. i use sewer slimes and confirm what gutter said...

as do i..

SEWER SLIMES ARE THE SH!T!

i can hype them for you gutter..
u shud hire me and ill be a slip mat hyper upper so u wont seem cocky

buy some..u wont regret it :cheers:

Instead of using wax paper, use the plastic inserts from your record sleeves....

GUTTTTTTTTTERRRRRRR
where u been how come u dont go on paltalk anymore

Hey,
I just started scratch'in and went with the butter rugs. They work great. When I slow the pitch of a record down the rugs are more slippery than usual. After about twenty minutes, the mats feel like actual butter (slippery as hell). I remedy this problem by bringing the record up to speed with the platter by just flicking my wrist and giving them a push. I don't mix (yet) so I am not worried about it to much.

I had this plasticky shopping bag that i cut and use under slipmats. the mats that came w/ my numark tables are thin and slippery, but they work well for backspinning.

My M3D's came with the Tech slipmat and a piece of plastic for under the slipmat. It seems to be working fine so far. Do you guys think ButterRugs or Slimes would still be better?

They are a slipmat designed for Turntablist. Very slippery from what I understand but also read stories on here of the mat sticking to the record when you try to take the record off the table.

This is the desciption off of Turntablelabs site...

Revolutionary new design. Say bye to felt design as the Piklz introduce a new fiber design with a thin plastic layer transfered on one side. .

Last edited by a moderator:
sewers > butters :)

my record control improved so much since i used them!

HooliganR6 said:
My M3D's came with the Tech slipmat and a piece of plastic for under the slipmat. It seems to be working fine so far. Do you guys think ButterRugs or Slimes would still be better?

I'm wondering about that too... I use the plastic and slipmat that came with my MK5.. is the butterrugs or slimes better?

I put a plastic piece under my slipmats...the kind you put documents in....just one thin piece....and it works very well....but if you want to spend money on butter rugs, it s up to you...it s just that it s ugly on the turntables....

Back